Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
WYWWW
WGWGG
WGWGG
WGWGG
GGWGG
GGWGG

That went well.

Tallies.PNG

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wordle 454 X/6*

[emoji833]🟨🟨🟨[emoji833]
🟨🟩[emoji833]🟩[emoji833]
🟩🟩[emoji833]🟩🟩
🟩🟩[emoji833]🟩🟩
🟩🟩[emoji833]🟩🟩
🟩🟩[emoji833]🟩🟩

Joining the failed list. I nearly went for the correct answer after 2 goes, but kept talking myself out of it. Stupid game indeed!

Played 236
Streak -
Average 4.00

It seems that the word selections are now frequently having a very particular and challenging characteristic.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Wordle 454 4/6

⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

This is one of those where eliminating letters with the first couple of words comes in really handy so I wasn't in the same position as many where you're guessing the remaining letter and there are multiple options. I really only had two choices for guess 4. Usually it goes the other way, so I'm pleased to have knocked in a par.

Streak now 124, average 4.22. There have been a few 6s recently where the final guess was a hail mary and could have been a fail - I think the next fail will be the end of my Wordle career!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It seems that the word selections are now frequently having a very particular and challenging characteristic.

Some seem to work it out against the odds pretty well every time too. There were so many options available today other than the least obvious once you had three letters or in my case four in the right place FFS, can't be too specific or I'll be giving clues to anyone who hasn't done today's Wordle.

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Some seem to work it out against the odds pretty well every time too. There were so many options available today other than the least obvious once you had three letters or in my case four in the right place FFS, can't be too specific or I'll be giving clues to anyone who hasn't done today's Wordle.

Don't worry, nobody reads this thread before playing :lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I got today's by ignoring my greens and putting in a word with the letters that could cover most possibilities. I did it in German today too - it's the only way when there are greens with multiple choices for the last letter

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I got today's by ignoring my greens and putting in a word with the letters that could cover most possibilities. I did it in German today too - it's the only way when there are greens with multiple choices for the last letter

That’s cheating :smile:

Anyone not on hard mode is cheating imo :wink:

Consider your card marked on all future scores :lolol:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
AlmerΓ­a

It depends what letter you were missing though. I had a 50/50 after guess 2 and went for the more obvious option.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Whenever today's pattern turn up I know I'm going to struggle.
So many options.

Anyone hitting 3 today, must have had an inspired 2nd guess

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Phew

Wordle 454 6/6

[emoji833]🟨🟨[emoji833][emoji833]
[emoji833][emoji833]🟨🟨[emoji833]
🟨🟨[emoji833][emoji833]🟨
🟩🟩[emoji833]🟩🟩
🟩🟩[emoji833]🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Strewth that was close. Good drive, great long iron, then 4 putts for a double bogey 6
I was one letter away from retiring. Just as well I'm a carpenter.
Streak 268 no
Average now 3.48

GxYYx
GGxGG
GGxGG
GGxGG
GGxGG
GGGGG

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It depends what letter you were missing though. I had a 50/50 after guess 2 and went for the more obvious option.

I would say you had seven possibilities for the first letter and could only have eliminated three by the time you got to go three, if you'd used up those possibilities already?

I could be wrong of course, I am not very good at this, although I really enjoy doing it every morning!

I'll post my thoughts on what I THINK you had tomorrow after everyone has had a go today!

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
AlmerΓ­a
I would say you had seven possibilities for the first letter and could only have eliminated three by the time you got to go three, if you'd used up those possibilities already?

I could be wrong of course, I am not very good at this, although I really enjoy doing it every morning!

I'll post my thoughts on what I THINK you had tomorrow after everyone has had a go today!

Tag me tomorrow and I'll reveal all :) Pretty sure it was a 50/50.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
AlmerΓ­a
Tag me tomorrow and I'll reveal all :) Pretty sure it was a 50/50.

I went:

TRACE (3 yellows)
RARER (putting the vowels in the most likely position and trying to find out where the R was)

Then it was PARER or DARER, and the former seemed more likely. Don't think there was another option.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here