Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ansu Fati **Signed On Loan 01/09**

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I posted this on NSC from a Marseille phone video back in October with the lyrics because I really thought it would catch on - it seems to have done so - glad it reached the lad 🙂

Love the way football fans always go for the Sangria line with anyone Spanish 🤣

scooter1

How soon is now?
Sounds like he will indeed be out for 3 months as was initially reported.

Having Fati as a Brighton player has been fantastic, he scored a few important goals and looked like he was/is enjoying his time here. But if he is out for 3 months, should we not look to terminate the loan? 3 dormant months @ around £120k a week is crazy money to be losing. I wonder what the terms of his agreement actually are.......

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Having Fati as a Brighton player has been fantastic, he scored a few important goals and looked like he was/is enjoying his time here. But if he is out for 3 months, should we not look to terminate the loan? 3 dormant months @ around £120k a week is crazy money to be losing. I wonder what the terms of his agreement actually are.......

It was reported at the time as a season long loan with no break clause for either club i.e he's here for the full season regardless.

Secondly, even if we could, terminating his loan to save a bit of dosh would be stupid. We don't need to save money, we are plump with cash after our recent sales and if Fati comes back at the end of Feb/start of March, there will still be about 1/3 of the Prem season left, along with any potential FA Cup and European games.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Having Fati as a Brighton player has been fantastic, he scored a few important goals and looked like he was/is enjoying his time here. But if he is out for 3 months, should we not look to terminate the loan? 3 dormant months @ around £120k a week is crazy money to be losing. I wonder what the terms of his agreement actually are...
Alternatively we go to Barca and 'do them a favour' by taking a broken player off their hands permanently for £200k.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Impossible to say for sure but after a certain period, insurance covers sick pay surely? I was thinking we should have good cause go back to Barca to extend his loan for another season - he’s fallen down the pecking order in Barca’s squad and they won’t want to pay his wages to keep him on the bench so will be looking to sell him at the end of this season anyway I reckon. Another season with us, injury free and he will be worth much more than he will after being out with another major injury in what was effectively his rehab loan IMO. Ideally, we get him to like us so much, he runs down his contract 🙂

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Reading between the lines, we’ve paid about £7m for a season long loan with Barca covering his salary. I’m guessing they wanted cash up front to ease their FFP situation.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Except our opponents
As I said above, and just after he was injured, this actually could help us in the long run - I think it very likely Barca won’t be wanting him back for the squad anyway regardless (he has fallen too far down the pecking order there) - ok he’s out until February but that means his rehab programme has been set back - we could therefore be in a very strong position to have him for another season - Barca aren’t going to want to sell for less if they could get more when he’s back up to his pre-injury form.

And he’ll be back for us in time for the round of the last 16 Europa knockout round in March when we beat Marseille 🙂

Jimmy Grimble

A chance we’ll see him in the next couple weeks, perhaps.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Jesus Christ it will be a relief seeing him back in this depleted squad.

I know he's not met all expectations here (that's partly why he chose us, to get through these issues) - but we have seen glimmers of absolute world class from him. Really hope he comes back and lasts the season. He's the kinda player that can really push us to the next level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here