[Albion] Ansu Fati **Signed On Loan 01/09**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Shame Kudus turned us down, he’d have been a big plus for us. As, nearly always, money talks though and will continue to do so

We would not have got Fati if we had got Kudus (don't disagree Kudus permanently would have been a lot better than Fati on a loan).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Shame Kudus turned us down, he’d have been a big plus for us. As, nearly always, money talks though and will continue to do so
Agree…would have been a good signing but very different situation to the younger players this kind of deal would add weigh to their thinking. Kudus is 23 and closer to the ‘finished article’ and was looking for a major big money move and not someone looking for more of a pathway/stepping stone……..

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Thanks for posting the update @Bakero

6 weeks is not so serious in terms of injury but a major impact on a careful rehab schedule that has been worked out for his loan period -

( I wonder if we could suggest to Barca he needs an extra season with us on those grounds 🙂)

Last edited:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Thanks for posting the update @Bakero

6 weeks is not so serious in terms of injury but a major impact on a careful rehab schedule that has been worked out for his loan period -

( I wonder if we could suggest to Barca he needs an extra season with us on those grounds 🙂)
I genuinely think another season with us on loan would be the best thing for all parties anyway.

I guess it will largely depend on where we finish in the league and whether we're in Europe again because of the high level of wages we're paying. I really hope can can keep him anyway.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Interesting that according to the tweet he is loving it here. According to a report l read a few weeks ago he is struggling with life here, and he was looking forward to returning to Barcelona at the end of the season.

A shame about the injury, he was just starting to find his true form, and with it the back of the net.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Interesting that according to the tweet he is loving it here. According to a report l read a few weeks ago he is struggling with life here, and he was looking forward to returning to Barcelona at the end of the season.

A shame about the injury, he was just starting to find his true form, and with it the back of the net.

Watch any clip of him at training or on match day and you can see he's loving life here

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I reckon the reports about him struggling are just trying to stir stuff. Any time you see clips with him he’s laughing and joking about with folk in the team and looks happy enough on the pitch. Apart from the weather, Brighton isn’t THAT bad a place to live 🤣

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

We can only tell so much, and reports will write any old crap, but i've not seen the lad without a smile on his face, so the signs are tentatively optimistic. I actually think he'll leave Barca at the end of the season, but the big boys will be watching this situation very closely. And with Saudi being able to do Neves type transfer and loan backs, this makes it a tough ask

Tough. But not totally impossible.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

I posted this on NSC from a Marseille phone video back in October with the lyrics because I really thought it would catch on - it seems to have done so - glad it reached the lad 🙂

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Watch any clip of him at training or on match day and you can see he's loving life here

I'm glad he's happy, and I'm sure Brighton is a wonderful place.

But he's young, he's rich, he's talented, and he's winning.

I suppose you could be miserable under those circumstances, but you'd have to work at it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports