Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ansu Fati **Signed On Loan 01/09**

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
To any non Brighton supporting readers:

We once loaned a player to Leeds Utd and at the end of the season some of their fans got really silly about demanding we sell him to them when we did not want to.

What you read on this thread is a NSC collective joke where we all pretend to be as moronic as those Leeds fans. It is very hard to achieve but we try.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Said this last night. All of his goals are just CARRESED in.

swiss.jpg

Scoring goals is like making love to a beautiful woman...

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
To any non Brighton supporting readers:

We once loaned a player to Leeds Utd and at the end of the season some of their fans got really silly about demanding we sell him to them when we did not want to.

What you read on this thread is a NSC collective joke where we all pretend to be as moronic as those Leeds fans. It is very hard to achieve but we try.
Without comparing the two situations, some people were unnecessarily excited about the possibility of us signing Colwill at the last season.
It was never going to happen.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
We offered £40m and Colwill wanted it to happen.

Chelsea have morons in charge, it wasn't THAT farfetched they might accept the offer. (See, Gilmour for £9m, Lamptey for £3m)
We were never going to pay Chelsea enough to sign up to the deal and we were never going to offer Colwill enough to make it worth him sitting on his backside to force the deal through.
I won't comment on how much he really wanted to come versus him playing the situation to bump his Chelsea wages up, I expect a combination of the two.
Anyway, I've diverted this thread off Fati enough, I'll leave it there.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
That game last night was the first time Fati really looked a cut above everyone else on the pitch.

When he burst through the middle for the first i just knew he was going to score way before he actually shot. Trying to think of the last player we had who you could say that about. Knockaert in the championship i guess? Bobby Z of course. Before that Nogan during that glorious purple patch of his. But there haven't been many.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
That game last night was the first time Fati really looked a cut above everyone else on the pitch.

When he burst through the middle for the first i just knew he was going to score way before he actually shot. Trying to think of the last player we had who you could say that about. Knockaert in the championship i guess? Bobby Z of course. Before that Nogan during that glorious purple patch of his. But there haven't been many.
Going back a lot further it must be Peter Ward.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If they really are open to him leaving at the end of the season I’d like us to try and get him in Jan as feel he’d be cheaper as he’s getting better and better…

Lots of ifs and bits and assumptions there of course.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
If they really are open to him leaving at the end of the season I’d like us to try and get him in Jan as feel he’d be cheaper as he’s getting better and better…

Lots of ifs and bits and assumptions there of course.
I think Barca absolutely would take an offer for him. I reckon they would sell at about 50 million quid, they're in a seriously bad way financially. Their fans have moved onto Yamal to a degree which could smooth the passage of the signing

Contract would have to be, I guess, an improvement on his current, reported 150,000 euros per week.

That is significantly higher than we've ever gone before. But I don't rule out RDZ hammering on Tony's door and offering suitable persuasion. RDZ got him here, just maybe, he can keep him here.

I'm filing this one under, maybe a 10 or 20% chance. Bigger fish will be circling. But you have to be in it to win it and I think we'll at least have a tilt at landing Ansu at the end of the season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think Barca absolutely would take an offer for him. I reckon they would sell at about 50 million quid, they're in a seriously bad way financially. Their fans have moved onto Yamal to a degree which could smooth the passage of the signing

Contract would have to be, I guess, an improvement on his current, reported 150,000 euros per week.

That is significantly higher than we've ever gone before. But I don't rule out RDZ hammering on Tony's door and offering suitable persuasion. RDZ got him here, just maybe, he can keep him here.

I'm filing this one under, maybe a 10 or 20% chance. Bigger fish will be circling. But you have to be in it to win it and I think we'll at least have a tilt at landing Ansu at the end of the season.
I’m gonna go £30m rising to £40m and slightly less money than 150euros - maybe 90k a week - may get a pay out from Barca as part of the move etc etc - but that’s purely guesswork with my logic and could mean absolutely f all!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I’m gonna go £30m rising to £40m and slightly less money than 150euros - maybe 90k a week - may get a pay out from Barca as part of the move etc etc - but that’s purely guesswork with my logic and could mean absolutely f all!
Hope you're right of course, but those figures bring in even more competitors for the signature.

It will be a very tough signing to land. Just like Colwill was, but we have to at least try.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hope you're right of course, but those figures bring in even more competitors for the signature.

It will be a very tough signing to land. Just like Colwill was, but we have to at least try.
Agreed. I think the edge is the obvious - that he’s with us and seemingly enjoying it. Could be rubbish paper talk about Barca wanting to offload him at the end of the season of course.

I’m sure we did or tried to do something similar with a player once who we had on a season loan and was impressing so we signed or tried to sign them in the Jan on a perm - can’t remember who it was - or maybe there are a few examples..!

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
After each game I've seen on TV, I mentally rate the players 1-10 (okay, 7-10) and he comes out as a 7 maybe 7.5 each time. Then I wander through threads like this and it does surprise me how much better he obviously is. "Yes he scores but apart from that? He's missed some sitters." It simply doesn't come across through the ether either how much he seems to do, or how he does it. Very exciting.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here