Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ansu Fati **Signed On Loan 01/09**

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not quite at Barcelona wonder kid levels yet, but he’s improving with every match. As others have said he looks like he’s having fun in Brighton and he’s contributing to the team. I hope his injuries are behind him now and can kick on again.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Nowhere near the superman levels many on here said (bit of Barca hype I feel) but getting better every game. Think he could be mustard in a few months playing regularly.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
This is what I like to see. It wouldn't be that unusual to see some like him come in and be a bit too big for his boots, bit grumpy etc. But his attitude looks absolutely spot on and he is enjoying playing football for us. Great to see.
This.

He seems like a really humble guy who plays for the joy of it. Not unlike Mac Allister.

That goal... woof! The control and finish almost in one smooth movement had me emitting involuntary sounds of appreciation. Just silky perfection.

He seems to be getting on the same wavelength as his teammates now. If he stays fit, we are in for some phenomenal treats this season.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
The thing that stands out for me is that he takes his shot early, yesterday and also on Saturday. It’s a great skill to have as goalkeepers aren’t set.
Looks classy and great as a rotation with Pedro and Ferguson.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Superbly taken goal last night and now beginning to purr. Excellent. I was worried we might not see any of this.

The irony is that Ajax are the sort of club who should have been in for Ansu Fati when he became available. I can't help thinking a loan fee would have been money better spent than the €14m they jizzed on Akpom. They really are a total mess.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
What is great about fati is that he plays with a smile on his face. When I watched him for Spain the other day he didn't look bothered which was slightly worrying. But as soon as he's come back to us hes absolutely loving it.

Must be amazing to play week in week out for one of the most recent exciting teams in the world with very little pressure. And on full Barca salary. Only downside having to live in Brighton ;)

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Ansu is a finisher, a proper finisher. Lovely.
This. The finishes yesterday and against City on Saturday demonstrated that perfectly. Beautiful technique, not trying to hit the ball too hard, placing them and taking them early. Taking the shot early is always a sign of a natural finisher.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Sat in the FS, we had the perfect view of the buildup and the finish. Exquisite. His movement and some of his touches are on another level.

Very excited about how much he can bring to the team this season.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He's barely had a run of games in over a year. Any player would take their time to find their feet (and let's not forget he's a young man who's moved to a new country and has all that upheaval to deal with too). Plus there's the confidence in his own body. Any player who's had a long term injury has that mental hurdle to get over. I think we're starting to see signs of what he's capable of now. He made a difference when he came on against City- I don't just mean the goal but his all round play- and I'm also liking the way he links up with Mitoma. It feels like the pair of them are building a decent working relationship, and that really shone through last night.

If he thinks he's going to be getting regular games in a team where he's appreciated, the manager trusts him, the style of play works for him, and he's happy that his body isn't going to fail him, then it could be really exciting for all of us.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This. The finishes yesterday and against Saturday demonstrated that perfectly. Beautiful technique, not trying to hit the ball too hard, placing them and taking them early. Taking the shot early is always a sign of a natural finisher.
Yep, and this was the problem with Maupay. He never shot early unless the situation absolutely forced it on him, which is when he often scored.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here