Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ansu Fati **Signed On Loan 01/09**

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
If we finished top 5 and qualified for the Champions League it would make some difference.
But the price would need to be right as it appears Tony Bloom's algorithms know the value to us of everyone.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Yeh, the Spanish authorities will prop Barca up, they aren't going out of business.

That's not to say they won't accept an offer for a starlet though.

Put it this way. Does anyone here seriously think Chelsea aren't monitoring the situation?

The race is on for his signature despite what is being said. We have a head start. RDZ got him here and it's just possible RDZ can keep him here. As ever we're fighting against the bigger wallets, so we won't be favourites for his signature
Ansu is quite clearly looking at health rehabilitation ahead of anything else. Followed by rediscovering his early career form. I imagine these will be ahead of adding more millions to his millions at the moment.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Ansu is quite clearly looking at health rehabilitation ahead of anything else. Followed by rediscovering his early career form. I imagine these will be ahead of adding more millions to his millions at the moment.
For someone who's been feted as a Messi replacement for the entirety of his late teenage years, credit to him, he seems sensible and level headed.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
But in this case, a debt mountain, a wages cap, a income deficit, mortgaged future income, can't afford to take Fati back, only able to take players on loan and knocking down their stadium with the backers for the new one getting cold feet and bankruptcy being talked about as a real possibility, I'd suggest a little more than 0 chance of them going out of business.

They won't go bankrupt/out of business for many reasons.

But the simple reason is that the Spanish banks would renegotiate their outstanding repayment plans before it got to bankruptcy.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Nice piece on the bbc website in Fati

It’s quite a read and a brilliant yet (at times) sad story especially the pressure he must have been under… ultimately I believe we’re lucky to have him, and should he be able to recapture his belief, and full match fitness, well … it could be an awesome year.

Hope he starts tonight and grabs a goal or two.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh great! Another Albion player who can't have a couple of week's rest and recuperation!
Well, he's been used pretty sparingly...

Man U - 26 mins as sub
AEK - 90 minutes
Muff - 45 minutes
Chelsea - 45 mins
Villa - 45 mins
Marseille - 66 mins
Liverpool - 2 mins

...so 319 minutes, barely 3.5 games in his 20 year-old legs so far this season. I'm not sure he needs R&R, in fact a successful runout for his country might just do him and his confidence a world of good. They're only playing the scotch (h) and Norway (a).

kelvinnewman

Aug 17, 2023
In his case it’s probably more the travel/time away from home plus time not spent in RDZ led training rather than game time being the issue

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here