Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ansu Fati **Signed On Loan 01/09**

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Something I'm already noticing on social media, given his already existing fan base and Barca's global reach.

If he's disappointing it's all Brighton's fault for not using him properly.

If he shows the tiniest bit of skill, he's the best thing since sliced bread and far too good for Brighton.

Irritating, but let's hope he performs well to show that he's "far too good for Brighton".
I don't see what there has to be fault for, he's had a fairly quiet, but overall quite positive start here.

It's what you would expect from a player feeling his way back from such a long injury. Who cares what those mugs say?

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I don't see what there has to be fault for, he's had a fairly quiet, but overall quite positive start here.

It's what you would expect from a player feeling his way back from such a long injury. Who cares what those mugs say?
Well, precisely.

Just irritating internet fanboys - I suppose it's not much different to when we had Tau or Ali J and their fans all over every Brighton related post.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Well, precisely.

Just irritating internet fanboys - I suppose it's not much different to when we had Tau or Ali J and their fans all over every Brighton related post.
Which I was blissfully unaware was happening as I couldn't care less what people the other side of the world think.

Best just to ignore them entirely

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Thought he looked class and he had an important deft touch for Mitoma’s 15 second goal too.

Defender’s shot a little later for what looked a bit of a sitter to me though.

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
Must admit had heard of him but never seen him play before he rocked up here, so hype aside had no real expectations. Really like what I’ve seen so far..he’s quick, finds space, has a fantastic touch and very accurate passing. He gave the Bmuff defenders something else to think about and when on with Pedro, Mitoma and Adingra would mean teams would struggle to double/triple man them all!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
He needs a little more time to settle and build his confidence… once things start to go in, I doubt they’ll stop.

That said, I really don’t share the pressure to impress… he’s on loan, not 100%… if he blows us all away in the coming weeks, great … if it takes time and he proves useful … equally … great.

maidstoneseagull

Jul 21, 2004
Maidstone
I like what I've seen so far. He's only going to get better. For the amount of games played last year his minutes weren't high. We've had a cameo, full game and a half game. I also like the way he's settling into the club, gets a good note in the articles posted about how he wants to play for us. Can't ask for more so far, he'll win us some important games as the season progresses.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Barcelona apparently want to sell our Ansu at the end of the season. Perilously close to bankruptcy and having knocked down their stadium, they don't want him back. Wonder if there is a scenario where we keep him and will we want to? Obviously wages and fee will be an issue although less so if Barca go out of business. Wonder what happens to his contract and will he get far enough up to speed again that we want him, plus would he want us?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Barcelona apparently want to sell our Ansu at the end of the season. Perilously close to bankruptcy and having knocked down their stadium, they don't want him back. Wonder if there is a scenario where we keep him and will we want to? Obviously wages and fee will be an issue although less so if Barca go out of business. Wonder what happens to his contract and will he get far enough up to speed again that we want him, plus would he want us?
Read that article ....we didn't get a mention as a potential suitor more like we are being taken for a patsy...

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove

Assuming they really are looking to sell...

If he has a good season with us he'll end up with a big club for a big fee and with big wages.

If he has an average season with us, he'll still end up at a big club, with big wages but perhaps for a more modest fee... Or Saudi Arabia.

If he has a poor season with us, he'll have to take a pay cut somewhere, unless he moves to Saudi.

The chances of us signing him are so so slim unless for whatever reason he loves it here, doesn't have any interest in signing for a bigger club, doesn't mind taking a massive paycut, and we think he is worth huge wages.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

There is 0 chance of this happening.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
There is 0 chance of this happening.
But in this case, a debt mountain, a wages cap, a income deficit, mortgaged future income, can't afford to take Fati back, only able to take players on loan and knocking down their stadium with the backers for the new one getting cold feet and bankruptcy being talked about as a real possibility, I'd suggest a little more than 0 chance of them going out of business.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yeh, the Spanish authorities will prop Barca up, they aren't going out of business.

That's not to say they won't accept an offer for a starlet though.

Put it this way. Does anyone here seriously think Chelsea aren't monitoring the situation?

The race is on for his signature despite what is being said. We have a head start. RDZ got him here and it's just possible RDZ can keep him here. As ever we're fighting against the bigger wallets, so we won't be favourites for his signature

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here