Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ansu Fati **Signed On Loan 01/09**

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Ansu looked feisty yesterday. Gave one of the Bournemouth players (#4 from memory) a solid shove in the back during a pause in play.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
His reaction after Mitoma scored reminded me of a young man who’s falling back in love with football again without the insane Barca pressure on his shoulders good to see.
I've got the feeling that we won't see the best of him for another couple of months, assuming he steers clear of injuries and works hard. We are lucky in that he has a clear pathway back to the Barca first team if that happens. It's not like he needs to be spotted or anything, he just needs to get back to where he was.

We've got the Nigels 2 days before Christmas. Hat-trick incoming. :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I've got the feeling that we won't see the best of him for another couple of months, assuming he steers clear of injuries and works hard.
Yeah feels like it's going to be a gradual upward curve as he finds his feet again. Exciting for the 2nd half of the season.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Possibly the best thing is that he's clearly not a prima donna.
Don't know much of his previous career but I wouldn't blame him for suffering a touch of the Connellys after breaking into the Barca first team so young. Hopefully rdz will do as good a job as Rosenior seems to be doing.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
He's warming up nicely

I still think we could buy him.

Yeh, blah blah release clause blah blah, that's a red herring. There's a deal to be done. Barca properly (and I mean properly) in the financial doodoo. If we offered a chunk of money, ok it would have to blow our transfer record out of the water and yes the creative accounting we're doing with loan fee / wages, we'd have to rationalise that, that we now pay a player that much money.

The attention of their fans has moved onto Yamal, their new wonderkid, I don't think there would be uproar. RDZ was instrumental in getting him in the first place and now he's here I reckon he could convince the lad he wants to build a team around him.

A tough deal to finance. But the player is 20. We'd get the money laid out back in a few years.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He's warming up nicely

Yeh, blah blah release clause blah blah, that's a red herring. There's a deal to be done. Barca properly (and I mean properly) in the financial doodoo. If we offered a chunk of money, ok it would have to blow our transfer record out of the water and yes the creative accounting we're doing with loan fee / wages, we'd have to rationalise that, that we now pay a player that much money.

The attention of their fans has moved onto Yamal, their new wonderkid, I don't think there would be uproar. RDZ was instrumental in getting him in the first place and now he's here I reckon he could convince the lad he wants to build a team around him.

A tough deal to finance. But the player is 20. We'd get the money laid out back in a few years.
Middling Spanish players have a £500m+ release clause these days. Barca never expected anyone to pay the £200m release fee for Naymar so they are now all ramped to protect their assets. We would have a £1b release on Mitoma if it was contract law in the UK . As you say it doesn’t mean much.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Not quite seeing the superstar status, the way he was being portrayed I was expecting Vicente shades. At the moment he looks like any other promising young talent we have signed in the past, not quite ready to start although the signs are good.
I know what you mean, but he does look very high quality indeed. Smooth was the word that I heard around me in WSL.

And funny you should mention Vicente. At one point in the centre of the pitch he lifted the ball over the oppo player and then picked the ball up again from a one two. It totally reminded me of Vicente (does anyone on here have the ability to share this little bit of skill?)

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Not quite seeing the superstar status, the way he was being portrayed I was expecting Vicente shades. At the moment he looks like any other promising young talent we have signed in the past, not quite ready to start although the signs are good.
Context is required, though. Vicente was a God amongst (relative) cloggers whilst Fati is playing alongside 10 other top PL players.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
I was expecting Vicente shades.
Vicente only looked like Vicente because he was playing in the Championship and we were used to the likes of Gary Dicker and Adam El Abd (no disrespect to either btw who both played a huge part in our success).

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I know what you mean, but he does look very high quality indeed. Smooth was the word that I heard around me in WSL.

And funny you should mention Vicente. At one point in the centre of the pitch he lifted the ball over the oppo player and then picked the ball up again from a one two. It totally reminded me of Vicente (does anyone on here have the ability to share this little bit of skill?)
Dahood is another silky player I didn’t go yesterday and had the luxury of his close up play the commentators were raving about him, if you didn’t watch closely you would miss his assist.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I really like Fati, he's very much a team player and not a prima donna at all. I'm looking forward to seeing him grow into the side even further as we go forward.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I've got a feeling that if Ansu Fati played in the Championship, he'd look like the lovechild of Maradona and Messi.

He'll contribute 10-20 goal involvements this season and probably be the difference between us aiming for top 8 and top 5. Much finer margins at this level.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
He's warming up nicely

On what basis have you seen so far that RDZ would want to build a team around him ? Crap Thursday and didn’t stand out on Sunday 🤷🏻

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
On what basis have you seen so far that RDZ would want to build a team around him ? Crap Thursday and didn’t stand out on Sunday 🤷🏻
On the basis that I don't only watch Brighton. I sometimes watch other games involving other teams, for example Spain or Barcelona

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Something I'm already noticing on social media, given his already existing fan base and Barca's global reach.

If he's disappointing it's all Brighton's fault for not using him properly.

If he shows the tiniest bit of skill, he's the best thing since sliced bread and far too good for Brighton.

Irritating, but let's hope he performs well to show that he's "far too good for Brighton".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here