Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ansu Fati **Signed On Loan 01/09**

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
……..
That said it would be better for him if he learnt the basics here before trying too much in the way of Brazilian tricks and flair, or at least if the first two or three efforts go wrong then maybe keep it simple after that.
I’ve watched him carefully at both Old Trafford and last night and haven’t really noticed anything I’d call "tricks" though he’s certainly showed flair. It’s what I like about him, that he’s very quick thinking and plays sweeping passes by instinct. His central driver seems to be to play effectively and to move the game forward rapidly without unnecessary ornamentation. Compare with Pedro who’s undoubtedly talented but often hesitates, and rarely plays the unexpected quick pass out to the wing to open up a new line of attack as I’ve seen Fati do several times.

I think Fati will be a star here.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
I’ve watched him carefully at both Old Trafford and last night and haven’t really noticed anything I’d call "tricks" though he’s certainly showed flair. It’s what I like about him, that he’s very quick thinking and plays sweeping passes by instinct. His central driver seems to be to play effectively and to move the game forward rapidly without unnecessary ornamentation. Compare with Pedro who’s undoubtedly talented but often hesitates, and rarely plays the unexpected quick pass out to the wing to open up a new line of attack as I’ve seen Fati do several times.

I think Fati will be a star here.
This. Very little to do with age everything to do with ability. Barcelona didn't say,"your great but too young to make your debut." Neither did the Spanish national team. Once he's learnt the patterns and bedded in he will be an absolute star for us - type of player that when he scores his first goal he just wont stop scoring.

Reactions: cjd

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I’d love to see his ‘heat map’ from Thursday as he appeared up all over the place - we thought at one time RDZ had given him a tactical free role, and he seems happy to get stuck in. Once he has chance to play off Welbeck or Ferguson, I think we’ll see much more from him.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I hope RDZ starts him today, it's true that he didn't exactly shine on Thursday, (none of our players did), but the only way he is ever going to improve and get used to our system and the way we play, is to give him as many minutes as we are able, on the pitch

He will come good l am sure of it. We only have him for this one season, so lets make sure we make the most of it.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well, I saw enough to believe that he can play a very significant part in this important season. Not quite sure what some on here are expecting.

A lot more than he showed vs AEK.

(That can be said about the whole team though)

Movement was disappointing. TV rarely tells the whole story, and it’s what goes on off the ball that is also important.

It’s early days, but in the short cameo at Man Utd he looked a lot better IMO than Thursday night.
You certainly can’t judge him on either game though, and he is effectively here to get fit for Barcelona, and I’m sure he’ll come good.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He was better than Pedro, who's positioning was awful and tried too much
Pedro got flattering ratings as he got two goals. I’m sure Fati would have stuck those pens away too though.
They were both crap, based on that game.
Credit to Fati at the end for taking responsibility and coming deep to collect the ball and lead the attacks.
That showed hunger, confidence and balls.
They will both do well for us.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I hope RDZ starts him today, it's true that he didn't exactly shine on Thursday, (none of our players did), but the only way he is ever going to improve and get used to our system and the way we play, is to give him as many minutes as we are able, on the pitch

He will come good l am sure of it. We only have him for this one season, so lets make sure we make the most of it.
Hoping he starts tomorrow?
Or I’ve fecked up big time!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Pedro got flattering ratings as he got two goals. I’m sure Fati would have stuck those pens away too though.
They were both crap, based on that game.
Credit to Fati at the end for taking responsibility and coming deep to collect the ball and lead the attacks.
That showed hunger, confidence and balls.
They will both do well for us.
Couldn’t agree more

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022

I hope he doesn't start him today. He will be exhausted by tomorrow.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Looking forward to seeing him tomorrow. The failed backheels were disappointing, but I did chuckle when Solly executed one perfectly!

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

"Ansu Fati, 20, the on-loan wonderkid from Barcelona, sings a Spanish pop hit, but not not before addressing the room with a lovely speech in fluent English about how grateful he is for the opportunity to play at this club."

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Not quite seeing the superstar status, the way he was being portrayed I was expecting Vicente shades. At the moment he looks like any other promising young talent we have signed in the past, not quite ready to start although the signs are good.

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Not quite seeing the superstar status, the way he was being portrayed I was expecting Vicente shades. At the moment he looks like any other promising young talent we have signed in the past, not quite ready to start although the signs are good.
No Vicente maybe, but he cruised around the pitch against Bournemouth like a Rolls Royce amongst Kia's. Other car acomparisons are available, but he looked elegant and athletic. I'm really looking forward to him hitting his stride.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
No Vicente maybe, but he cruised around the pitch against Bournemouth like a Rolls Royce amongst Kia's. Other car acomparisons are available, but he looked elegant and athletic. I'm really looking forward to him hitting his stride.
His reaction after Mitoma scored reminded me of a young man who’s falling back in love with football again without the insane Barca pressure on his shoulders good to see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here