Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ansu Fati **Signed On Loan 01/09**

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He was awful, as were some other players. A passenger.
Worse than that. Off the pace, crap passes . . . . Francis Jeffers sprang to mind.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Every Albion player was poor tonight so let’s not single out the new kid please. You can see how hungry and decisive he is; but he’s simply not yet knitted into the team. Please don’t get on his back. He’s 20 years old, and there’s a reason that he has a billion Euro release clause!
I don’t think we can say JP was poor in that match, and Solly played well. Pascal was okay. AF looked lost, but I’m not completely blaming him for that. I think we underestimated AEK, and paid the price.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
As I’ve said before. Fati is primarily a winger. If we think we’re going to see the best of him in the middle suspect we’re all in for disappointment.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Rather anonymous tonight. A few good touches - but didn't set the place alight.
I wasn't expecting him to. He's obviously expected to have a great future, but if he was ready now, Barca wouldn't have loaned him out. Hopefully he'll get up to speed quickly and make Barca wonder if they should have kept him.

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I don’t think we can say JP was poor in that match, and Solly played well. Pascal was okay. AF looked lost, but I’m not completely blaming him for that. I think we underestimated AEK, and paid the price.
Pedro was lively, still looks raw, he did though try that backheel flick so many times and more often gave ball away in doing so.

He and wee Billy were our best 2 players imho

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I thought he did some really good things last night when he got the ball but just didn’t get the ball enough or put his stamp on the game. Bit too quiet and lacking confidence. It’s one of the reason’s he’s here - Barca questioned his desire on the pitch to really get stuck in and involved. Concern about a mental fragility after all the injuries. Hopefully the more game time he gets, that will come. That’s his first 90 minutes for ages I think.

What does concern me a little is the fact he wasn’t taken off. To me it was obvious Welbeck should have come on for him a lot earlier. Joao Pedro was our only threat last night and unless injured, should not have come off. I just wonder after RDZ’s desperation to sign Fati and talking off looking after him as he’s football heritage etc, whether RDZ is going to play him more than maybe he should at times and be reluctant to take him off?

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I thought he played very well but he'd clearly be better off in the Mitoma position (which isn't going to happen any time soon) or up front rather than at 10.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I just thought him and Joao Pedro is probably not the best partnership. Either play Ansu out wide or in behind Welbeck or preferably Ferguson

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here