Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ansu Fati **Signed On Loan 01/09**

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Shame he couldn't take his big chance, but he looks like he could be as good as we'd hoped. He is quick, no doubt.

He made a number of little runs off the shoulder of the last defender - not always seen by the ball carrier. Our feeders from midfield are going to love having him in front of them.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
To be fair to him the shot he 'should have scored', was put in the bottom corner and Onana made a very decent save. If he'd taken the shot a fraction earlier he probably would have caught the keeper out and scored, but that will come with match sharpness.
Onana just guessed a side and got it right, gutted for Ansu would have been the icing on the cake if he scored on debut

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
To be fair to him the shot he 'should have scored', was put in the bottom corner and Onana made a very decent save. If he'd taken the shot a fraction earlier he probably would have caught the keeper out and scored, but that will come with match sharpness.
It was a great save but he should have scored.

Some appreciation for the through ball from WBG too! Absolutely beautiful pass! If KDB had played that ball, there would be articles written about it!

Really promising debut from Fati.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The keeper read it really well, and is diving before Fati (took a rotten) shot. Maybe he telegraphed the shot, I don't know.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He came on ten minutes AFTER Groß’ goal!

That just shows how good the run was.

The keeper read it really well, and is diving before Fati (took a rotten) shot. Maybe he telegraphed the shot, I don't know.

Although the keeper got down well I actually think Fati should have shot into the other corner. It was the harder shot to take but the keeper wasn’t covering as much of that side of the goal. I think delaying his shot possibly removed that as an option as the defender was that side of him so it made it even harder.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Yep loved his runs off the shoulder of the last defender. That run when Pedro had the ball with Fati on the left and Fergie on the right, was superb. Unfortunately Pedro chose the wrong option as Fergie was more off to the side with a tighter angle and Fati would have been in on goal in the middle.

Loved Fati's reaction to give Pedro an earful, shows his hunger.

Think he'll be excellent for us this season after that little introduction.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Fati making a cameo appearance yesterday was quite impressive only one small issue was when he got into a good position in the box and throwing his arms up when Pedro took a shot rather than pass, I am sure this will be explained by his new teammates that we don’t blame others instead we work for each other.

While it was a fantastic team performance I thought Lampity, Veltman and Wellbeck all had a great game but Gross stood out as the star of the show

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Whats the middle lines of the 'Ansu Fatu's Magic He wears a Magic Hat' chant, to the tune of my old mans a dustman, ends with 'and when we win the Europa league were sing this song all night'.

Sounds like he scores with his left he Scores with his right.

That and 'We've got super Bob De Zerbi, he's got everything we need' chants will sound great tonight, 'With Dunky at the Back and Fergie in attack, Brighton's going to Win the Europa League'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here