Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ansu Fati **Signed On Loan 01/09**

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He is awful. Great news he has gone there.

Brilliant announcement video to their credit.
It isn't a signing to get terribly excited about, but Rob Holding is not 'awful'. He's a perfectly serviceable defensive plodder for a lower half PL squad.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Screenshot 2023-09-05 at 13.36.32.jpeg

Ansu knows the score.

#TrustInRDZ

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Nice:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/3676377

A little excerpt to whet the whistle:

he’s the youngest-ever Champions League scorer, the youngest to hit the net for Spain, the youngest-ever to score a brace of goals for Barcelona.

But it’s what he can still do, indeed what he was doing before a clutch of meniscus operations and a debilitating thigh problem, which marks him as truly special.

In those early goals for the Camp Nou club you’ll see, literally, everything. Volleys, headers, left foot, right-foot finishes.

Street-smart dribbling, explosive pace, daring, wit, vision, intelligence - all the elements which make us addicted to footbal
l.

FCB

Sep 1, 2023
Nice:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/3676377

A little excerpt to whet the whistle:

he’s the youngest-ever Champions League scorer, the youngest to hit the net for Spain, the youngest-ever to score a brace of goals for Barcelona.

But it’s what he can still do, indeed what he was doing before a clutch of meniscus operations and a debilitating thigh problem, which marks him as truly special.

In those early goals for the Camp Nou club you’ll see, literally, everything. Volleys, headers, left foot, right-foot finishes.

Street-smart dribbling, explosive pace, daring, wit, vision, intelligence - all the elements which make us addicted to footbal
l.

Not anymore. Gavi already broke Fati's record last year and today Lamine Yamal scored against Georgia in his NT debut. He's only 16 years and 57 days old!

Pretty sure Yamal will also become the youngest CL scorer this season.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Dare we ask if he is training with us yet...?

It's been very quiet ( unless I have missed it ).

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011

Great to get a dose of reality and up to date take on his situation. People still think he’s this 16yo wonder kid which he isn’t. From one perspective this is bad because people will be expecting miracles, but alternatively it seems De Zerbi and Brighton are EXACTLY the medicine Fati needs to reignite his career.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Great to get a dose of reality and up to date take on his situation. People still think he’s this 16yo wonder kid which he isn’t. From one perspective this is bad because people will be expecting miracles, but alternatively it seems De Zerbi and Brighton are EXACTLY the medicine Fati needs to reignite his career.
I think his stats are fairly similar though to when he came on the scene. We just need to try and get as many minutes out of him as we can !!

Fiskmås

Jan 2, 2020
Not sure if it has been mentioned in this thread, but if you have Amazon Prime Video, and absolutely nothing better to do one evening, there’s the Barca mini documentary series “Barcelona: The new era”.

It focuses heavily on the switch from Koeman to Xavi, and I can’t in all honesty say that it’s well made (the unnecessary time jumps are enough to give anyone whiplash).

But young Ansu (or Anssumane, as I’ve now learnt from the series) features plenty and it gives a lot of background about his injury woes, as well as shows that he has some world-class goals in him. Also, he comes across as a genuinely humble and good guy.

So in short, it’s a bit crap, but I’m still happy I watched it, just to have a bit more backstory when he hopefully plays his first minutes on Saturday.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here