Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ansu Fati **Signed On Loan 01/09**

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
As we all are thinking.

Involvement in the draw for the Europa League and sign on loan a future superstar for Barcelona, because Barcelona recognise we are a club to develop his talent...this is one surreal day for us oldies.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Italian football expert James Horncastle reckons RDZ is nailed on to be a future Barca manager. They were interested in him before.
I wasn't aware of that but just possibly, the Fati transfer is part of a gradual charm offensive to ensure a warm relationship growing between Barca and RDZ/Brighton. Given Pep's comments last season, I would also have City as strong candidates for Roberto's services once Guardiola moves on. I'm certain that Pep will have a big say in the identity of his successor.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Italian football expert James Horncastle reckons RDZ is nailed on to be a future Barca manager. They were interested in him before.
Ok, I’ve got a plan:

1) someone become Spanish president or whatever
2) create a law to ban people wearing white trainers and black clothes

That way he won’t go to Spain.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
If the year goes well, I'm hopeful we'll bid to his buyout clause...🤣
"Fati, who was born in Guinea-Bissau but chose to represent Spain and was part of their World Cup squad last year, signed a new contract with Barcelona in 2021 to run until 2027 which included a 1bn euro buyout clause." BBC...now is that only a thousand million or a million million 🤷‍♂️

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
If the year goes well, I'm hopeful we'll bid to his buyout clause...🤣
"Fati, who was born in Guinea-Bissau but chose to represent Spain and was part of their World Cup squad last year, signed a new contract with Barcelona in 2021 to run until 2027 which included a 1bn euro buyout clause." BBC...now is that only a thousand million or a million million 🤷‍♂️
Thousand million. Buy him for that then the following summer sell for 1.5bn to Chelsea. Easy money.

FCB

Sep 1, 2023
Assuming you’re Spanish, you’ll need to drop the perfect English if you want to stick around here and fit in. ‘Would of’ instead of ‘would have’ is particularly important, and please ensure apostrophes are used entirely randomly.

Thanks for the update :)

Not Spanish but English is not my first language either. Just trying my best. ;)

Thanks for the post, much appreciated.

I was surprised at some on this thread not knowing of him when he has had all the plaudits and pressure of scoring for Barca aged just 16 and taking the no 10 shirt. But then I have a soft spot for Barca. My son's second team have been Barca ever since he saw video of Messi and then used the team as his default in FIFA. That means I've watched a lot of you on the telly and in 2018 we went to the Nou Camp for a game (3-0 v Levante, some beautiful football, Iniesta, Messi, Suarez and Rakotic still together winning in second gear in the pouring rain). But, like you rightly say, hanging on to the old group too long and other poor decisions by Bartomeu have put the club in all sorts of financial trouble to the point where each window you need to make your 'numbers'.

We watched the pre-injury Fati on TV a few times and it's clear his potential was / is incredible. I saw less of last season, it's became harder to follow La Liga in England, with channels changing or disappearing and some kick offs clashing but managed to see a couple and he looked very decent coming on. Thanks for bringing me and the board up to date with a bit more detail.

What I'll say is this - De Zerbi will get the best out of almost any player so long as they are brave, have technique and listen / work hard. Or, as we call it in Brighton, they need Big Balls (cajones). Anyone who makes their La Liga debut at 16 has big cajones.

You'll have seen Solly March. Once he was a rising star too. Not with La Liga or PL but he scored a world class goal for us as a youngster and was a favourite player in England U21s. After that his development stalled a little. He picked up a bad injury at Derby and then, as we played defensively under Hughton in the Premier League, he was defending more than attacking. That carried on under Potter who used him as a left wing back more than anything. But finally, under De Zerbi he has been given licence to always play RF / RW in a 4-2-3-1 and to get in the box. Since Christmas last year he can't stop scoring and assisting and it's all down to RDZ. And, before the injury, he took Enciso from a raw Paraguyan lad to a strong player feared by every defence in the country and scorer of national goal of the season.

I firmly believe he'll do the same for Fati. Brighton win / Barca win.

No doubt De Zerbi is one of those managers who get the best out of his players similar to Pep or Klopp. Not quite there with those two yet but will go very far in his career. Right now would say probably the best young (let's say under 45 manager although it's strange to use that term with coaches who can start their careers at very different ages - for example Nagelsmann already coached in Bundesliga at 28 when most players who then turn into coaches are still in their prime years) manager in the world.

Really interested to see how RDZ plans to use Fati. I think he's better closer to the box than as outside winger but we'll see.

Yes, that 2017-18 season was still good (I'm still upset we've lost invincible season in next to last round - losing 5-4 against that same Levante team you've watched earlier in the season. And then there was also that Roma debacle in quarter finals of the CL; it got even worse next season at Anfield though) but I think Barca's downfall started with Neymar leaving in 2017 and then spending that whole money (and some more) on Coutinho and Dembele. First one was supposed to be a longterm replacement for Iniesta but never really got a chance to play as a CM and he was also mental midget who couldn't deal with the pressure imo while Dembele is just made out of glass missing at least half the season every year.

I often wondered how a smarter club would use those 200m+ to improve overall quality of entire team and possibly bring replacements for likes of Alba, Busquets and Suarez instead of extending them longterm.

Sure, Neymar backstabbed us and I don't think anyone could realistically expect PSG would pay his clause which was more than double of what was a record transfer fee at that time (Bale to RM in 2013) but should still do much better than panically throw the money around. And if I can still somehow understand signing Dembele (he was supposed to be a direct replacement for Neymar - and is now his replacement in PSG too, funny how football works sometimes) I never got behind the Coutinho transfer. After Liverpool rejected to sell in summer 2017 we've had 4-5 months to re-evaluate things and look for alternatives but still decided to overpay for him in January. One of the problems Barca always has on the market is fixation on certain player(s) and then either end up overpaying or don't sign anyone at all and leave a glaring hole in the team. And those players we're so obssessed with usually flop as well. Happened with Cesc too although he wasn't so expensive as market was still normal 10 years ago.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
What ? I mean, was it even worth starting the thread ?

I'm trying to see if there is any genuine transfer news and all I'm getting is folk deluding themselves into believing utter tripe.

There is a serious side to it though. I mean, all this is harmless enough, but it don't 'alf show how folk will believe any old shit they read online.
😂

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
In your defence, were you meaning 'not a chance we'll buy him', or did you mean not a chance we'd get him on loan?
Both. 😄😄😄 I never imagined we would countenance paying his *alleged wages. Im so bloody happy I was wrong, that and the Euro draw. Christ almighty. It’s a golden age.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not Spanish but English is not my first language either. Just trying my best. ;)

No doubt De Zerbi is one of those managers who get the best out of his players similar to Pep or Klopp. Not quite there with those two yet but will go very far in his career. Right now would say probably the best young (let's say under 45 manager although it's strange to use that term with coaches who can start their careers at very different ages - for example Nagelsmann already coached in Bundesliga at 28 when most players who then turn into coaches are still in their prime years) manager in the world.

Really interested to see how RDZ plans to use Fati. I think he's better closer to the box than as outside winger but we'll see.

Yes, that 2017-18 season was still good (I'm still upset we've lost invincible season in next to last round - losing 5-4 against that same Levante team you've watched earlier in the season. And then there was also that Roma debacle in quarter finals of the CL; it got even worse next season at Anfield though) but I think Barca's downfall started with Neymar leaving in 2017 and then spending that whole money (and some more) on Coutinho and Dembele. First one was supposed to be a longterm replacement for Iniesta but never really got a chance to play as a CM and he was also mental midget who couldn't deal with the pressure imo while Dembele is just made out of glass missing at least half the season every year.

I often wondered how a smarter club would use those 200m+ to improve overall quality of entire team and possibly bring replacements for likes of Alba, Busquets and Suarez instead of extending them longterm.

Sure, Neymar backstabbed us and I don't think anyone could realistically expect PSG would pay his clause which was more than double of what was a record transfer fee at that time (Bale to RM in 2013) but should still do much better than panically throw the money around. And if I can still somehow understand signing Dembele (he was supposed to be a direct replacement for Neymar - and is now his replacement in PSG too, funny how football works sometimes) I never got behind the Coutinho transfer. After Liverpool rejected to sell in summer 2017 we've had 4-5 months to re-evaluate things and look for alternatives but still decided to overpay for him in January. One of the problems Barca always has on the market is fixation on certain player(s) and then either end up overpaying or don't sign anyone at all and leave a glaring hole in the team. And those players we're so obssessed with usually flop as well. Happened with Cesc too although he wasn't so expensive as market was still normal 10 years ago.
We flew back late on Monday after the Levante game so were actually there to see Coutinho unveiled. Just prior to that he'd taken us apart at The Amex running the whole game for Liverpool and there was a lot of excitement for him for Barca. Pretty much went horribly for him from then on.

Reactions: FCB

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here