Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ansu Fati **Signed On Loan 01/09**

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
There are rumours that this is the reason for the delay...

NOTE: It has been reported that this source is known to be untrustworthy.

Interesting i guess. I'm sure it won't be something at daft as 'Barca asking for more money', more likely to be then wanting to spread the payment out to cover a longer period of time, or we pay for the past three months and get the last three months of his loan next year for free.

I don't know, there may be some accountancy gimmick going on, and maybe we'll agree to it?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The contracts signed but then they come back with other requests - sounds like utter BS to me!

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
sounds bollocks to me. You can’t pay someone’s wages retrospectively if they have played for someone else.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
of course i don’t know, but i think it’s very very likely. barca are broke, have been for a while, and do this quite a lot. they recently stopped serving breakfast to their youth team players as a cost-saving measure
True - expect this to get sorted though, right? They're not going to want his salary back on the FFP bottom line with no more time for him to sign for another club?

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
The contracts signed but then they come back with other requests - sounds like utter BS to me!
sounds bollocks to me. You can’t pay someone’s wages retrospectively if they have played for someone else.
Agreed, this sounds like BS and the fact that Barcelona supporters have reported that this source is often unreliable strengthens this claim IMO

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Agreed, this sounds like BS and the fact that Barcelona supporters have reported that this source is often unreliable strengthens this claim IMO
People believe anything written on the Internet these days…

I’m sure it’s just a case of announcement on deadline day etc as we have nobody else incoming…

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Interesting i guess. I'm sure it won't be something at daft as 'Barca asking for more money', more likely to be then wanting to spread the payment out to cover a longer period of time, or we pay for the past three months and get the last three months of his loan next year for free.

I don't know, there may be some accountancy gimmick going on, and maybe we'll agree to it?
It could be - their accounting y/e is 30th June....maybe they are trying to maximise the revenue in the last financial year. It sounds a little odd (given the sums involved are so small, relative to Barca's overall income), but it could be a dictat laid down by the CFO. All eminently resolvable!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If they have seriously asked for it no club is ever doing business with them ever again, no way they would be demanding that

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
If they have seriously asked for it no club is ever doing business with them ever again, no way they would be demanding that
I really wouldn't speak about something we know nothing about with such confidence.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
IMG_7870.gif

hughfromalice

Sep 8, 2022
With apologies to that great player, Edward Lear.....

We Seagulls applaud Ansu Fati,
We welcome him here hail and hearty,
When he scores his first brace,
We'll call him our ace,
Wow, we're going to be in for a party!

Let's hope so!!! :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here