Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ansu Fati **Signed On Loan 01/09**

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
the reason it has not been announced is due to a last-minute hitch in terms of when we take over his wages.

so nobody gets too stressed, this article states the deal has been signed. barca wanted us to pay his wages backdated to june, which seems ridiculous, and we’ve quite rightly refused

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
the reason it has not been announced is due to a last-minute hitch in terms of when we take over his wages.

so nobody gets too stressed, this article states the deal has been signed. barca wanted us to pay his wages backdated to june, which seems ridiculous, and we’ve quite rightly refused

* ACCORDING TO ‘SPORT WITNESS’ *

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’ve just realised that ‘Fati’ is the same as the English slang ‘fatty’ for an overweight person. Give me half an hour and I’ll be back with a witty joke 😉

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It will be annoying if it’s not sorted out before 12pm as he then won’t be available for tomorrow.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It will be annoying if it’s not sorted out before 12pm as he then won’t be available for tomorrow.
Prob done last night so don’t worry about that - we’re just delaying the announcement imo.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Wasn't it: 'we are WHO we are?'
Possibly, but you get the drift. It might have been “it is what it is”.

waits for deluge of posts from better fans listing the occasions on which GP said all three, plus variants…… or not.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
A club can sign a player and register them and decide to officially announce it several hours later . I don’t think there’s any pressure on when the club chooses to announce a signing .

SteveU

May 31, 2022
Announced hopefully between Europa draw and De Zerbis press conference would be my guess.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
There are rumours that this is the reason for the delay...

NOTE: It has been reported that this source is known to be unreliable - don't worry yet.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Either way, you talk like it’s fact. Very unlikely they’d know imo. Just saving it for deadline day aren’t we…?
of course i don’t know, but i think it’s very very likely. barca are broke, have been for a while, and do this quite a lot. they recently stopped serving breakfast to their youth team players as a cost-saving measure

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
You pay a new player from the date they sign for you . I’ve never heard of a club being asked to backdate a payment when they have been playing for a different club and wasn’t our player at that time . Sounds ridiculous and I find it hard to believe unless Barcelona are playing silly buggers . Plus Fab hasn’t reported any issues like this.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Barcelona must be in desperate financial straits to request that. He’s played in their first three league games so it’s as if they were asking us to pay them for games when he’s played for them.
Right that we said no. Would think that this may have breached regulations anyway, unless dressed up as loan fee.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Barcelona must be in desperate financial straits to request that. He’s played in their first three league games so it’s as if they were asking us to pay them for games when he’s played for them.
Right that we said no. Would think that this may have breached regulations anyway, unless dressed up as loan fee.

They are.

I’d be telling the player to pay it back / sort it

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
of course i don’t know, but i think it’s very very likely. barca are broke, have been for a while, and do this quite a lot. they recently stopped serving breakfast to their youth team players as a cost-saving measure
Surely a loan fee would have been a better way of doing it than backdating wages when he wasn’t our player. All just seems a bit weird and hard to believe for me!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He probably won’t be available for tomorrow anyway as the transfer will be subject to international clearance which always takes a few days for the relative FAs to send paperwork etc. You’d think in this day and age that could be done with the transfer but it always seems to drag on around the transfer window closing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here