Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ansu Fati **Signed On Loan 01/09**

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Is he any good? What I've read on here makes him sound like Ronaldo's love child, I've probably seen him play but can't say I've heard of him before this thread so what exactly will he bring to the squad ?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
To me he seems reliable in sifting through all avaliable information on twitter and packaging it up in a consistent way. He clearly has some connections (with agents most likely) but the rest is just him putting in the hours to search the Internet for information. It must be pretty draining work for him, as his reputation demands he's on top of every deal.
I am not on twitter, only see stuff that is linked to on here or elsewhere, but my guess is that he often gets a message from a fan "any truth in this?" and has the relevant agent in his contacts usually, so can answer if the agent is willing to tell him.
His first ever release of transfer news was info direct from the players agent, he was not a journalist at the time, he became one because people started to trust his news. All his info is from agents or clubs, I would not be surprised if De Zerbi discovered Fati was potentially available on loan from FR tweets.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think the next few hours could be season defining.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yes, you're right. Caicedo went for his market price. Chelsea, in upping the amount they were willing to pay to meet it, are financing our incomings, including Fati, albeit on a 9 month loan. I imagine TB sees it as less risk than a permanent contract at the current ridiculous prices!
Yep. I see it as good governance. Many clubs have got into trouble by committing to long contracts they cannot afford in the bad times. Tony is making hay while the sun shines and can do so because of the investment in youth and subsequent return.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
He is just very reliable in a field where a lot of stuff is just made up. If we didn't get excited and click on news stories about x player joining y club, he would not have such an audience.
Someone else broke the news, but people only started thinking it had credibility when FR tweeted it, because he is reliable, see the start of this thread.
Happy to accept that that many, even most of his fans are just people who appreciate his high "hit rate" on this stuff. But if you look at the ones who post in his replies on Twitter, they're absolutely getting high off huffing his farts - probably an unrepresentative sample, sure, as people who post replies are the tip of the iceberg of people who read his tweets. But they're still a deeply weird bunch.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I see a fair few posts on twatter and facebook etc praising Fabrizo-I really dont understand-iAm I right in thinking it wasn't Fabrizo that broke this? The first thing I can see came from the tweet in the OP,
I really dont understand the fawning over Fabrizo simply because we signed a player (please god dont let this fall down) and he "reports" it after someone else has.

The church of Fabrizo is still evil, despite the good news for us on this occasion-he still isnt in the loop on Brighton, and he remains a paid by agents provocatuer
In this instance all Fabrizio has been doing is reporting what has happened, he's basically confirming what we have heard elsewhere. It is in this instance that his HWG carries some weight as he would not risk his 'reputation" on anything but a sure thing.

In contrast with Caicedo he was not reporting the situation but actively agitating on behalf of the agents to make something happen rather than leaving it up to the clubs to sort things out between themselves. It is behaviour designed to undermine the player and the player's club in favour of the prospective purchaser which is why is a sh*t stirring piece of sh*t.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
For what it’s worth, this was the BBC take at 0844:

“The player flew to the UK yesterday and it is understood a deal is now in place for the 20-year-old to join Brighton, with only some minor details to iron out”
Like the club photographer arriving for work, and the shop to get a shirt printed up.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's the new shirt I want to see.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
His injury record bothered me but according to Transfermarket his season 20/21 was a write off, he missed 38 games in 21/22 and just 2 in 22/23 . So maybe he is over that now ? But is he as good ? Barca don’t seem to think so…….
I think it's not so much how good he is, but more how they play now under Xavi. They don't really utilise someone like Fati at the moment and tend to start 4 modfielders.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Meh...

He is blinding

What is it with this compilations and them having just atrocious music over the top?

There's a market out there for people who like football compilations and have functioning ears.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I think it's not so much how good he is, but more how they play now under Xavi. They don't really utilise someone like Fati at the moment and tend to start 4 modfielders.
Have they signed a new coach?

IMG_9573.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here