Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ansu Fati **Signed On Loan 01/09**

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's guesswork, but the entirety of Ansu Fati's wages to June 2024 and considerably more, is covered by the extra 45m Tony Bloom trousered from Chelsea for Caicedo.
Not sure where you got extra £45 mill from. We sold Caicedo for the price we needed / wanted. There was nothing extra about it, we were just going to tell them to do one until they hit the magic number.

It’s a good point overall though. Our transfer strategy once we got in Europe was always going to be both more ambitious and more in depth. The extra for qualifying for Europa League by itself wasn’t enough. Caicedo has financed more and better incomings.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don’t think the deal has been high jacked , I will stake my reputation that Fati will be announced as a Brighton player this morning …
No shit, Sherlock.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
When you think about it a load of grown men and women fawning over a 20 year old millionaire who happens to be quite good at football is weird.
Announce the f***ing kid for Christ sake 🫤😁
I thoroughly enjoyed it especially the Flight Tracker.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I don’t think the deal has been high jacked , I will stake my reputation that Fati will be announced as a Brighton player this morning …
IMG_0810.jpeg

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Not sure where you got extra £45 mill from. We sold Caicedo for the price we needed / wanted. There was nothing extra about it, we were just going to tell them to do one until they hit the magic number.

It’s a good point overall though. Our transfer strategy once we got in Europe was always going to be both more ambitious and more in depth. The extra for qualifying for Europa League by itself wasn’t enough. Caicedo has financed more and better incomings.
Yes, you're right. Caicedo went for his market price. Chelsea, in upping the amount they were willing to pay to meet it, are financing our incomings, including Fati, albeit on a 9 month loan. I imagine TB sees it as less risk than a permanent contract at the current ridiculous prices!

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Omo
Ansu Fati is an anagram of ‘Faustian’.

De Zerbi’s got a direct line to the big man downstairs and has clearly made a pact on our behalf.

Sure, celebrate the signing tonight, but don’t complain when a swarm of locusts eats your Piglets pie and your soul gets sucked out of your arse at half time.
Now hang on a moment. If we’re getting our locust and soul-sucking punishment, then fair enough but at least let us have the Faustian 21 years of extreme pleasure first. When Fati finally retires from Brighton aged 41, I want to see a trophy room full of European trophies, Premier League titles and FA Cups.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I must admit that I was who scoffed at the idea that we were getting him. I knew Spurs and the Chavs were both after him and it sounded so fa fetched that he'd end up at little ol' Brighton. What a coup for the club
It wasn’t just you who scoffed at this idea. Maybe not scoffed, but I was certainly incredulous.

presuming it does come off - not announced yet unless I have missed something - it speaks volumes about how we are perceived elsewhere, which was already a “thing”, but then the RDZ factor on top of that.

As a previous manager once said “we are where we are”, but it’s very exciting while it lasts….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here