Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ansu Fati **Signed On Loan 01/09**

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Express online from about 0600 today reporting Spurs are favourites. Out of date or another twist?
I have my fingers firmly crossed, obvs, but it seems incredible that Spurs haven’t done this deal - given they’ve lost Kane, and Richarlison has been an utter waste of space this season. Plus they must have loads of dosh to throw at Barca.
Will be amazing if this happens.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm Too Sexy - Right Said Fred

An-su Fati in our shirt
Su Fati in our shirt
So sexy it hurts

An-su Fati has some pace
Su-Fati has some pace
Will win any race

Etc etc etc

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
They’re all just taking Romano at his word though, rather than having any inside knowledge. I’ll believe it once he’s stood on Brighton beach with a seagull on his head.
I am similarly reluctant to get too excited, but still happy even to consider the possibility……
waiting for the club email and the holding the shirt picture.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Express online from about 0600 today reporting Spurs are favourites. Out of date or another twist?

Naylor has just tweeted that a significant La Liga club has now appeared on the scene. More out of date info? (Sevilla?)
Discussed in my post upthread

Sevilla has been on the scene for months - it’s where his Dads from - Boris Fati has wanted his son to leave Barca for months because all he’s been getting is minutes from the bench - Dad wants Ansu to stay in La Liga and go to bottom place Sevilla but Ansu is set on PL loan but this is not news.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Naylor has just tweeted that a significant La Liga club has now appeared on the scene. More out of date info? (Sevilla?)

That was reported late last night by Ferrán Martínez, the Barcelona-based journalist that first broke the story.

Presumably, it's Sevilla. Fingers crossed Fati fancies the PL and Barcelona would rather he go abroad.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
They’re all just taking Romano at his word though, rather than having any inside knowledge. I’ll believe it once he’s stood on Brighton beach with a seagull on his head.

Nacho González isn't claiming to have any inside knowledge. He's just giving his opinion that Brighton is the best club in Europe for young talents to reach their potential.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Last season played in all bar two Barcelona games (51 appearances)

12 starts, the rest off of the bench.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
would rather sign fati for a year and wish him well when he goes back to barca, than sign kudus for a record fee and then watch him throw a tantrum when chelsea come calling next summer. every day of the week.
The difference being we usually double our money or better in that scenario. In this one Tony just ends up £6-10m down.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I can feel myself heading towards the euphoria that day when we signed CMS to beat off Leicester and West Ham to his signature. Yes it really is that exciting if we can pull it off :wink:

Hope it has a better ending if we do though.
Beating off? Pulling off? Better ending?

Flirt GIF by The Vibe is Right

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here