Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion Women vs Aston Villa @ the Amex on 11th September at 2pm

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
This Sunday at 2pm, Albion Women get their Womens Super League campaign under way. :albion2:

Partly due to the the Lionesses Euro win over the summer (woohoo!) bringing increased interest in the womens game, this game and the next home game against Reading are both being played at the Amex rather than Crawley :thumbsup:

Aston Villa finished last season in 9th place - 2 places and 5 points below the Albion. Like most teams in the Womens game, there have been many changes to the two squads over the summer with Villa bringing in the dangerous forward Rachel Daly amongst others. Brighton will miss Le Tissier, Koivisto and Kaagman who have all left, but I'm excited to see how Pattison (defender), Sarri (midfielder) and Terland (forward) get on amongst others and its good to see Stott (defender) back after she her cancer has gone into remission.

Season and Aston Villa game tickets can be bought from the Albion as usual at https://tickets.brightonandhovealbion.com/en-gb/categories/women for the following prices:

Season tickets:
Adults: £49.00
65+ / Under 18: £19.00

Aston Villa ticket:
Adults: £10
65+ / Under 18: £5
Hospitality (Sun Harvest Lounge) : £20

Note, these tickets do NOT include travel like the mens tickets do. Seagulls travel are running a bus service to the Amex for the match which costs £6 a seat : https://www.eventtravel-hub.co.uk/w...2----sunday---amex---1400-kick-off-3275-p.asp

If you have already bought a season ticket then you MUST go onto the ticketing site and book a seat for the two homes games at the Amex if you want to go. The ticket cost will reduce to £0 when you buy them.

With over 1300 season tickets having been sold as of the 20th August (which gets you into the 11 Women’s Super League home games plus any Continental Cup & FA Cup games up to the quarter finals), its looking like a bumper support for the Women this season. Hopefully this, as well as the super training facility (thanks Uncle Tony et al!), will lead to the women making as good a start to the season as the men have done!

UTA!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Got tickets for this and looking forward to it!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Well done to the club for staging games at the Amex. I hope they are very well attended

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Should be a bumper audience, is there any reason other than the game being at the AMex that Villa are classed as category A??

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
This Sunday at 2pm, Albion Women get their Womens Super League campaign under way. :albion2:

Partly due to the the Lionesses Euro win over the summer (woohoo!) bringing increased interest in the womens game, this game and the next home game against Reading are both being played at the Amex rather than Crawley :thumbsup:

Aston Villa finished last season in 9th place - 2 places and 5 points below the Albion. Like most teams in the Womens game, there have been many changes to the two squads over the summer with Villa bringing in the dangerous forward Rachel Daly amongst others. Brighton will miss Le Tissier, Koivisto and Kaagman who have all left, but I'm excited to see how Pattison (defender), Sarri (midfielder) and Terland (forward) get on amongst others and its good to see Stott (defender) back after she her cancer has gone into remission.

Season and Aston Villa game tickets can be bought from the Albion as usual at https://tickets.brightonandhovealbion.com/en-gb/categories/women for the following prices:

Season tickets:
Adults: £49.00
65+ / Under 18: £19.00

Aston Villa ticket:
Adults: £10
65+ / Under 18: £5
Hospitality (Sun Harvest Lounge) : £20

Note, these tickets do NOT include travel like the mens tickets do. Seagulls travel are running a bus service to the Amex for the match which costs £6 a seat : https://www.eventtravel-hub.co.uk/w...2----sunday---amex---1400-kick-off-3275-p.asp

If you have already bought a season ticket then you MUST go onto the ticketing site and book a seat for the two homes games at the Amex if you want to go. The ticket cost will reduce to £0 when you buy them.

With over 1300 season tickets having been sold as of the 20th August (which gets you into the 11 Women’s Super League home games plus any Continental Cup & FA Cup games up to the quarter finals), its looking like a bumper support for the Women this season. Hopefully this, as well as the super training facility (thanks Uncle Tony et al!), will lead to the women making as good a start to the season as the men have done!

UTA!

What do you think attendance will be ?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hey [MENTION=19028]zeetha[/MENTION] what do you think of the squad? Hopefully it'll be competitive; it'll be a shame if Albion squander the feelgood factor from the summer by being a) boring and/or b) rubbish.

EDIT: Sorry, on re-reading it sounded more negative than I intended. I'm just worried that we're much weaker than we were last season.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Just be aware that there are bus replacements between Brighton and Falmer on Sunday.

Plus the London to Brighton bike ride is on, so Coldean Lane will be closed.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Should be a bumper audience, is there any reason other than the game being at the AMex that Villa are classed as category A??

Thats the only reason I can think of too.

What do you think attendance will be ?

I'm hoping for at least 4000 (though would love it to be way more!), which wouldn't be too bad for the opposition as its not a 'top' side and the fact that its less than a week to the game. From my perception there hasn't been much about it from the club (other than one article in July, and the odd advert on the home page, or in the mens match emails which people could easily gloss over) - I'd like to have seen a few more articles promoting the game which might help to drive a few more ticket sales.

Hey [MENTION=19028]zeetha[/MENTION] what do you think of the squad? Hopefully it'll be competitive; it'll be a shame if Albion squander the feelgood factor from the summer by being a) boring and/or b) rubbish.

EDIT: Sorry, on re-reading it sounded more negative than I intended. I'm just worried that we're much weaker than we were last season.

I too am a bit worried that we are weaker - losing Le Tissier to Man Utd is a big blow and we've lost a few fan favourites though they were starting to get less regular game time (i.e. Brazil, Gibbons, Simpkins, etc). If you look at the squad page (https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/teams/womens-team) we can just about field a squad with a subs bench so I'll expect to see a few from the development squad getting a place on the bench at least. First two home games are 'easier' ones so will be a good test of where we are and how quickly the squad comes together. It would be a shame if we didn't start well so interest gained after the Euros faded away quickly.

Just be aware that there are bus replacements between Brighton and Falmer on Sunday.

Plus the London to Brighton bike ride is on, so Coldean Lane will be closed.

Cheers for the info - I normally drive down Coldean Lane.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Thats the only reason I can think of too.

I'm hoping for at least 4000 (though would love it to be way more!), which wouldn't be too bad for the opposition as its not a 'top' side and the fact that its less than a week to the game. From my perception there hasn't been much about it from the club (other than one article in July, and the odd advert on the home page, or in the mens match emails which people could easily gloss over) - I'd like to have seen a few more articles promoting the game which might help to drive a few more ticket sales.

I too am a bit worried that we are weaker - losing Le Tissier to Man Utd is a big blow and we've lost a few fan favourites though they were starting to get less regular game time (i.e. Brazil, Gibbons, Simpkins, etc). If you look at the squad page (https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/teams/womens-team) we can just about field a squad with a subs bench so I'll expect to see a few from the development squad getting a place on the bench at least. First two home games are 'easier' ones so will be a good test of where we are and how quickly the squad comes together. It would be a shame if we didn't start well so interest gained after the Euros faded away quickly.

Cheers for the info - I normally drive down Coldean Lane.

4k gate would be good news and if I am honest if womens domestic football starts attracting these type of attendances it can at last start justifying full time players.. I remember in my youth Albion players were given bonuses according to attendance figures.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here