[Albion] AEK Athens - ticketing process, tiers and all that jazz

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Sounds like a shit show.

I'm the sort of saddo who gets there three hours early anyway and then sits in the bar or lounge. Drives Mrs GB mad as she'd rather turn up at the airport 15 mins before the gate's due to close. When I do win that particular battle it always seems to cost me a fortune in duty free :lol:
Save some money by taking the less classy alternative - buy a bottle of vodka in duty free and sit around departures swigging from it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Save some money by taking the less classy alternative - buy a bottle of vodka in duty free and sit around departures swigging from it.
I see sir is familiar with Channel Five documentaries.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Sounds like a shit show.

I'm the sort of saddo who gets there three hours early anyway and then sits in the bar or lounge. Drives Mrs GB mad as she'd rather turn up at the airport 15 mins before the gate's due to close. When I do win that particular battle it always seems to cost me a fortune in duty free :lol:
Let her loose in the shops and use your pint as her meeting point.

Siney

Jan 22, 2008
5 tickets still available... but they won't open them up to Albion+ etc... very annoying.
I am out in Athens without tickets, I booked flights and hotel knowing there was a slim chance I would get tickets. I emailed the club today asking if they have returns/no show tickets available on Thursday would they sell them to fans out here (I am only an Albion+ member) and they said they won't sell below the bracket that it sold out on, which is fair enough.

huzzah

Sep 8, 2023
5 tickets still available... but they won't open them up to Albion+ etc... very annoying.
That would be aces. I wonder how late in the day they would open it up to Albion+, for those of us that just came for the vibe, (I did register which was laughable with how few points I have - still also hoping on the AEK Block 8 tickets, but no reply yet) came for the vibes, so will be looking for a bar with fellow wandering seagulls on Thursday (and tomorrow, etc.)

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The taxi driver from the airport Sunday evening charged 57€ which I'm certain was pricey but he was such good company, explaining why Albion should stuff AEK (he was a Panathanaikos fan) plus the fact we were stuck in a huge traffic jam for nearly 30 mins, meant I didn't begrudge it. We also covered the Elgin Marbles, COVID, Ukraine, Christmas starting too early, and Hamas. Like taxi drivers everywhere, he had an opinion on everything.
Not that pricey. I've got one booked for about half ten tomorrow night. €55 before midnight. €70 afterwards. Slightly more than the stipulated flat rate but it seemed worth a little extra booking via the hotel and having their backing, as it seems the taxi rank cabbies are notorious for adding a bit (or a lot) extra if they can swing it.

Reminds me of my Dad's trip to Rome, when he got taken on a big tour of the sights from the station before finally getting to his hotel to be hit with a whacking bill. Next morning, turns the other way out of the hotel door and finds the station 500 yards down the road :ROFLMAO:

Plus, from personal experience, the number of overseas cabbies that have 'no change' is remarkable...

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Not that pricey. I've got one booked for about half ten tomorrow night. €55 before midnight. €70 afterwards. Slightly more than the stipulated flat rate but it seemed worth a little extra booking via the hotel and having their backing, as it seems the taxi rank cabbies are notorious for adding a bit (or a lot) extra if they can swing it.

Reminds me of my Dad's trip to Rome, when he got taken on a big tour of the sights from the station before finally getting to his hotel to be hit with a whacking bill. Next morning, turns the other way out of the hotel door and finds the station 500 yards down the road :ROFLMAO:

Plus, from personal experience, the number of overseas cabbies that have 'no change' is remarkable...
Back in my 20s I got so... erm... "disorientated" in Amsterdam I finally gave up walking round, jumped in a cab and asked for my hotel.

He did a u-ey in the road and dropped me at the opposite kerb.

Didn't charge tbf. Laughed a lot though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Back in my 20s I got so... erm... "disorientated" in Amsterdam I finally gave up walking round, jumped in a cab and asked for my hotel.

He did a u-ey in the road and dropped me at the opposite kerb.

Didn't charge tbf. Laughed a lot though.
Has a similar experience in Brazil…..was working there, went to go to a highly recommended restaurant with a colleague but we couldn’t find it. Stopped a cab and despite his protests we insisted he took us to the restaurant as we had a booking and didn’t want to be late. Went less than 100 yards down the road and there it was :laugh:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Just got a Uber to hotel from airport 55 euros as just after 4am local time. No traffic and speedy journey in.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
So this is where the Mill Road bendy buses went. Will they be using them to get us to and from the ground.
20231129_101608.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports