Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] 24 hours in police custody

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
Total scumbag - the moment he realised his mates had thrown him under the bus was very satisfying.

As an aside, I wish they'd explained that they were using filter to disguise the identity of his girlfriend at the start of the programme, not the end...

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I’m finding these episodes almost too harrowing.
Channel 4 are brutal at times. Last night they followed 24 hours with a program called ‘My Dead Body’, in which a young mother who died of cancer had donated her body to science and to be dissected on television.

Now I’ve seen cadaver programs before, and they can be quite interesting. But typically they use old people who died of natural causes. Mixing that kind of show with interviews with the girl before she died, interviews with her parents and friends, and showing video clips of her as a little girl stopped you from seeing what was on the slab as “just a body”. It reminded you that this was a person loved by many. It was a very tough watch.

It had to go off after a little while. I might give Channel 4 a miss for a little while.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Channel 4 are brutal at times. Last night they followed 24 hours with a program called ‘My Dead Body’, in which a young mother who died of cancer had donated her body to science and to be dissected on television.

Now I’ve seen cadaver programs before, and they can be quite interesting. But typically they use old people who died of natural causes. Mixing that kind of show with interviews with the girl before she died, interviews with her parents and friends, and showing video clips of her as a little girl stopped you from seeing what was on the slab as “just a body”. It reminded you that this was a person loved by many. It was a very tough watch.

It had to go off after a little while. I might give Channel 4 a miss for a little while.
What a brave young lady to donate her body. Think they mentioned at the end how this could save so many lives now. I agree it was a tough watch.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It is very hard to watch these type of programs, especially the content.
We're all on a learning curve at times, when hearing about the vile things, the human race can get up to.
It didn’t think it would affect me as it did. I work with victims of sexual abuse and rape, safeguarding vulnerable woman and girls.

Last week’s one really angered and upset me.

I might have to give it a break for a while.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It didn’t think it would affect me as it did. I work with victims of sexual abuse and rape, safeguarding vulnerable woman and girls.

Last week’s one really angered and upset me.

I might have to give it a break for a while.
Every job you do, has its limits on the person who's in situ.
Over the time we've conversed on here, you've intimated the type of employment you work in.
I did guess it would be as you've mentioned above, a very worthwhile job.
You need to go punch a Palarse fan now :D

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Every job you do, has its limits on the person who's in situ.
Over the time we've conversed on here, you've intimated the type of employment you work in.
I did guess it would be as you've mentioned above, a very worthwhile job.
You need to go punch a Palarse fan now :D
😂

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill

I'm going to give this a miss. My mum and sister watched this and have been chatting on our family group about how good it was, mum never made it to the end of it and sister has said it was deeply moving and erring toward harrowing.

After we lost Dad to cancer Sept 2021 I've been ok and "getting on with it" as I have to. But programmes like that are a step too far for me no matter how important they are. I'm so very glad for the work that is done by professionals to combat cancer but it's a massive nope from me despite the morbid fascination to have a watch.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The sentencing of three shows the injustice and why normal people sometimes act outside the law. The scum will continue their ways and continue to get pathetic sentences. They need getting rid of.
Ex terminate.jpg

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
What I thought was bizarre about last night's episode was the the mother who was with her daughter and quite happy for this scumbag to have her telephone number.
He would have been 18 or 19 at the time, so that wouldn’t be seen as anything out of the ordinary. Plus the type of people he seem to go for all seemed to fit a similar profile so the mother may have known she could potentially have access to other illegal activities

*Trying my best to not get any libel here

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
He would have been 18 or 19 at the time, so that wouldn’t be seen as anything out of the ordinary. Plus the type of people he seem to go for all seemed to fit a similar profile so the mother may have known she could potentially have access to other illegal activities

You put into words exactly what I was thinking!!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Predators like him will observe relationships, body language, tension, etc between parents and their children. How does the parent present? If the mother tells him to clear off or is she happy for her daughter to give her number to such an obvious wrong 'un? Is the mother likely to monitor their daughter's internet activity or her comings and goings? These are all things a sexual predator will probe and test. They pick victims very carefully.

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
These sorts of threads trigger some really big issues that usually make my blood boil. Where's the logic in the usual situation of giving scum relatively light sentences and then having these predators go out on the streets to plague the community again and again? Where's the logic in penalizing victims? Where's the logic in allowing criminals to make extraordinary compensation claims. The legal and judicial systems are so broken and beyond repair. Always liked the three strikes you're out (for good) approach, but lawyers and judges don't like it because it reduces their client population numbers.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here