[Music] The Live Music thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Anyone going to Spiritualised tomorrow night?
Considered it. Seen them many times. They're a bit hold and cold live for me and not sure it works quite so well at The Dome.
I did see J Spaceman play with a string quartet and three gospel backing singers at Komedia, and that's one of the best gigs I've seen in Brighton. Off the top of my head, rivals are:
Kraftwerk, Smile, Kiwanuka and Cave at the Brighton Centre
David Byrne, Gillian Welch at The Dome
Shellac at C2
Ty Segall, Peter Brotzmann at GDS
Black Keys at Pressure Point
Polar Bear, Sons of Kemet at Komedia
and I'd be delighted if anyone on here made it to see Charlottefield at The Freebutt

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Going to see Kacey Musgraves tomorrow night, the last date of her European tour at the Roundhouse in London. First concert of the year for me.
Here ex husband, Ruston Kelly is a fantastic singer songwriter. His ‘Dying star’ album is superb. Very Jackson Browne. I saw Ruston Kelly supporting some band in Brighton a few years ago.

morematey

Jun 28, 2017
Another excellent Great Escape for me (my 11th). Prob the highest bar in terms of quality I’ve experienced. Saw tons but highlights were Mary in the Junkyard, MRCY, Big Special, Kneecap, Opus Kink, Faux Real and King Hannah.

Big Special at Horatios was an all timer.

Next up: Heartworms at the Corn Exchange on Thurs and then Wide Awake on Sat.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Another excellent Great Escape for me (my 11th). Prob the highest bar in terms of quality I’ve experienced. Saw tons but highlights were Mary in the Junkyard, MRCY, Big Special, Kneecap, Opus Kink, Faux Real and King Hannah.

Big Special at Horatios was an all timer.

Next up: Heartworms at the Corn Exchange on Thurs and then Wide Awake on Sat.
Big Special were also my festival highlight - just bloody brilliant.

We saw Kneecap twice, and they were also superb.

But we saw so much good stuff. It blows me away how much young talent we have in this country.

morematey

Jun 28, 2017
Big Special were also my festival highlight - just bloody brilliant.

We saw Kneecap twice, and they were also superb.

But we saw so much good stuff. It blows me away how much young talent we have in this country.
Yeah in a normal TGE year Kneecap would have been top of the pile. Total mayhem. I’ve got bruises everywhere from the pit.

Big Special though had that undefinable ‘extra’ something that the very best gigs I go to have - I can’t put it into words other than it makes me feel euphoric.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports