Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Should Prince Charles be speaking out about the Rwanda deportations?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
To be able to pay rent, of course.

I believe there is something called Universal credit , no idea how it works as I have never had to make a claim but I am pretty sure that it can be used to pay rent and other living costs

Refugees want to work and earn their way, not to take benefits. I know that will come as a shock to some on this board.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Refugees want to work and earn their way, not to take benefits. I know that will come as a shock to some on this board.
:bowdown:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/somalian-refugee-pocketed-39k-benefits-11704489

Somalian refugee pocketed £39k in benefits after secretly returning to his homeland because he 'missed the sunshine' :bowdown:

Mohamed Qoomaall forged an immigration stamp on his British passport and had pension credit payments sent to him for two-and-a-half years as a friend enjoyed rent-free living in his council-funded home

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
It's primarily the lazy Brits who are troubling the benefits office, not refugees.

Many people claiming Benefits are already in-work, but need top-ups via Universal Credit because their wages are so low.

I suspect some firms don't want to recruit extra staff from the dole queues, because that would add to their wages bill and thus erode profit margins and reduce shareholders' dividends. Better to make your existing staff work until they drop and keep the wage bill down than recruit more staff. My local Sainsbury's is often short of staff - yet last week, the supermarket awarded a £2.5 million pay rise to its CEO.

Then, of course, angry people stand in the queue of their local post office or supermarket blaming 'workshy scroungers' for the lack of staff, rather than greedy management scrimping on the wage bill.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just imahttps://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/somalian-refugee-pocketed-39k-benefits-11704489gine going back to the country that left because you weren't safe there because you missed the sunshine :bowdown:

Somalian refugee pocketed £39k in benefits after secretly returning to his homeland because he 'missed the sunshine'

Mohamed Qoomaall forged an immigration stamp on his British passport and had pension credit payments sent to him for two-and-a-half years as a friend enjoyed rent-free living in his council-funded home

One person. Nobody ever said every refugee was perfect.

Allow me to introduce you to Dr Waheed Arian.

is early childhood was spent during the Soviet-Afghan conflict, his family frequently moving home because of the fighting. His schooling was significantly disrupted as schools were often closed. As the fighting intensified, Arian's parents made the decision to seek safety in Pakistan. His family made a hazardous seven-day mountain crossing, travelling at night to try to avoid Soviet military aircraft. Arian and his father narrowly avoiding being killed during a rocket attack during the crossing. Arian's family eventually reached safety at a Peshawar refugee camp, but conditions were poor and the family of 10 were living in a single room with no running water or electricity.

Arian contracted tuberculosis and malaria, and suffered from malnutrition. He was treated by a volunteer doctor at the camp, who was pivotal in inspiring him to study medicine. Arian's family returned to Kabul following the Soviet withdrawal in 1989. However, the civil war began soon after and, when it intensified in 1999, with Arian aged 15, his parents sent him to safety in the UK, to stay with a distant family friend.

Arian arrived in the UK with US$100 in his pocket, staying with family friends in London initially. He worked in shops to support himself and send money back to his family. Arian began studying at three separate colleges in the evening. With five AS Levels and then three A Levels, all at A grade, Arian was accepted by the University of Cambridge to study medicine] at Trinity Hall, but found himself very socially isolated in his two years, his background setting him apart from his fellow students.

He graduated from Cambridge in 2006 with a science degree, and went on to finish his clinical studies at Imperial College London, then winning a scholarship to take an elective in surgery at Harvard Medical School in the US in 2008. Arian has subsequently supported work by Cambridge University to encourage greater diversity in student applications.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/somalian-refugee-pocketed-39k-benefits-11704489

Somalian refugee pocketed £39k in benefits after secretly returning to his homeland because he 'missed the sunshine' :bowdown:

I don’t know how real or embellished the story you quoted is. ( I guess the bloke is in a limited position to sue the Mirror if it’s fabricated), but anyway, the tabloid press massively over exaggerate the frequency of this sort of story.

The loss to the exchequer involved in this case, is nothing compared to the billions spunked on crony contracts and tax breaks for billionaires

These papers are trying to get you to be angry with the wrong people. And they are succeeding.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

You've gone to Google and the best you could come up with was something from December 2017?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
It's primarily the lazy Brits who are troubling the benefits office, not refugees.

One of this countries biggest challenges in the next 10 years is getting the White Underclass out of the benefits system and into work.

Harder than a lot of people think, as the Underclass are entrenched in doing Sweet FA and getting handouts.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
One of this countries biggest challenges in the next 10 years is getting the White Underclass out of the benefits system and into work.

Harder than a lot of people think, as the Underclass are entrenched in doing Sweet FA and getting handouts.

I think our biggest challenge is getting the white upper class off tax funded benefits / salaries and out of government. No?

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I have just seen a video about Rwanda and it looks a great place .it is the 9th safest country in the world and is really on the up economically.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I have just seen a video about Rwanda and it looks a great place .it is the 9th safest country in the world and is really on the up economically.
You do realise it is an exchange agreement? We agree to take some of their people in exchange for ours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here