Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Pub deal breakers (what can you not tolerate in a boozer?).

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I don't know of any of my friends who smoke who have cut down on their pub drinking because of the ban. They've cut down on their smoking though but what do I know I much prefer things how they are.

i am a smoker.i was a pub visitor 6 times a week.
i probably smoke the same amount before the ban,i have found though i drink more because its cheaper to drink at home.
my pub visits are now one a week.....and thats generous.

My social group(quite a few smokers) tend to meet up much more at each others houses,smoke the same,and drink just the same if not more.

We are all late 40`s so read into that what you want......but without a doubt our beer dollars are collectively not being spent in the pub due to the smoking ban.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
They are far from the same these days. No atmosphere, mainly either a bookies added on or some pokies, or they are modern bar type things. Geelong is low on decent pubs but Melbourne isn't far away. :)

horses for courses........

you have to search out a good pub......my fav aussie pub was an abbo owned one in Redfern Sydney,complete shit hole,fights every night,but the landlord was a star.....he was very confused 3 english spent their nights in his boozer but loved us because we joined in and protected him when things got particularly bad

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
i am a smoker.i was a pub visitor 6 times a week.
i probably smoke the same amount before the ban,i have found though i drink more because its cheaper to drink at home.
my pub visits are now one a week.....and thats generous.

My social group(quite a few smokers) tend to meet up much more at each others houses,smoke the same,and drink just the same if not more.

We are all late 40`s so read into that what you want......but without a doubt our beer dollars are collectively not being spent in the pub due to the smoking ban.

I'd read into that it's cheaper to drink at home ???

(and agree with Adders1, food menus which omit the currency symbol from the prices WTF ?)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I knew of a place off London Road, but never bothered, and dont think anybody from family did either....
As it happens, I think 'reggae' people in these places tend to be students, who put on some red, gold and green and become 'rasta'.
They dont even have any shame here, they go to dances wearing those ridiculous hats wiith dreadlocks attached.

Do you mean the freaks that run "The Rose Hill Tavern"

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
do you still get them? havent seen that for years.

The Wellington on Elm Grove up until a few months ago had a lovely orange dayglo sign "Meat Raffle" such and such day.....

I have never entered said establishment due to this sign, reminded me of Wigan to much, where they would have raffles in pubs for tinned feckin food.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
That was the place

Still run by Rasta chappie and his white rasta girlfriend, god damn awful place they have such a bad attitude..... stinks of you know what.... nothing worse when you just wanna sit at the bar, neatly pile up all your change in the correct denominations whilst I let my kids run around causing mayhem with a ping pong set.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I don't understand the dirty toilet moans, you're going to leave something there not take it with you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here