Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 27-28/4/24

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Absolutely not. The ref saw it and didn’t give it. I don’t believe it’s a foul, lots of people agree with my view, some don’t, ultimately it’s subjective. This sort of thing was not what VAR was supposed to get involved with.
i agree, the Ref seem to have a clear view and didn’t give it. When he is called to the screen he can hardly deny it in slow-mo. Not what VAR should be doing. It’s being micro-managed to the nth degree to try to achieve the impossible i.e. perfection. Same as off-side, if the on=field officials don’t give it VAR should stay out of it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There are lots of people who clearly the think the same as me and those who think the same as you. This goal is a perfect illustration of why VAR will NEVER work in football. It’s just too subjective.
Completely agree. MotD spot on too. It’s a subjective decision. As fans we have to accept that incident could be a foul for some refs, not for others and none of them would be right or wrong - straddles that area of football laws that can never be definitive.

How many players in that defender’s position wait and play for contact and con the ref into a foul - happens all the time and it is a con, most of the time it’s not a foul.

Those incidents we have to have more faith in the onfield decisions and not ruin games through re-reffing.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Arsenal went one up v Spurs via an own goal. Spurs equaliser currently being checked by VAR.

EDIT: Equaliser offside. Remains Spurs 0-1 Arsenal

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Arsenal have barely had the ball, four shots on goal, two on target and are three up... Spurs are almost as bad as us defensively. I don't like them, but they're a very good side. A lot more entertaining to watch than City as well.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Raya gifted Spurs a goal - tried to chip the ball over the spurs player to an arsenal teammate and underhits it, given spurs a clear run at his goal. 1-3.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
City now playing like they did against us. Forest can’t get the ball the last 10 minutes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here