[Football] Moyes replaced by Lopetegui

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
A real lack of class from the Hammers. All very badly handled. It will end in tears.

I think this is good news for the Albion because Moyes had them consistently finishing in the Top 10 but I can see them slipping down the table. I get they want to change their style - nothing wrong with that - but I don't think Lopetegui is the right manager for them. Potter or Iraola would have been a better fit.
I agree with a lot of what you say but think that Lopetegui is a far better manager than you give him credit for, certainly better than both Potter and Iraola (so far).

If he hadn’t caused such an almighty mess by sneaking around with Real Madrid whilst Spain manager his star probably wouldn’t have dimmed and he’d be in mind for much bigger jobs than West Ham. Even post the Spain/Madrid debacle he won the Europa. Did a stellar job at wolves under some remarkable financial constraints.

I do think that it’s good news for the Albion because West Ham don’t have the squad to play lovely tika-taka football overnight - Zouma and Ogbonna aren’t going to become ball playing superstars. They’re going to lose Paqueta and despite having the cash, are going to need to spend some serious money to allow Lopetegui to succeed.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I agree with a lot of what you say but think that Lopetegui is a far better manager than you give him credit for, certainly better than both Potter and Iraola (so far).

If he hadn’t caused such an almighty mess by sneaking around with Real Madrid whilst Spain manager his star probably wouldn’t have dimmed and he’d be in mind for much bigger jobs than West Ham. Even post the Spain/Madrid debacle he won the Europa. Did a stellar job at wolves under some remarkable financial constraints.

I do think that it’s good news for the Albion because West Ham don’t have the squad to play lovely tika-taka football overnight - Zouma and Ogbonna aren’t going to become ball playing superstars. They’re going to lose Paqueta and despite having the cash, are going to need to spend some serious money to allow Lopetegui to succeed.
Gary ON has done a better job at Wolves already this season with a weaker squad :shrug:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
'A bookie will only pay out early on a market that they think is probably wrapped up anyway, so they don’t want to take any more bets on what looks to be a sure thing because, even if the odds are now low, they will still lose money on it.

They could simply close the market or slash the odds to ridiculous levels, but a lot of punters don’t like this behaviour and think that it’s a bit unfair.

By paying out before the market has officially been decided, they get to close betting in a positive light, avoiding any future losses and only losing the money they would have lost anyway.

Of course, this relies on there being no upsets or surprises, but that’s the rationale"

Betfred have already paid out on City winning the title - but that's mostly for publicity

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
He won them a European trophy less than a year ago, ungrateful pricks
Trophy apart (yes I know it's big to set aside), contextually he's their Mike Bailey. Get's results, but fans hate the style of football. With good reason too.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Gary ON has done a better job at Wolves already this season with a weaker squad :shrug:
You can't have Potter laying the foundations at Brighton for RDZ, if Lopetegui didn't at Wolves for GON. Wolves were bottom when Lopetegui took over, they were 13th by the time he left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports