[Albion] Adam Lallana **Leaving Summer 2024**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Just been away with a Liverpool supporting mate. This is how he summed him up. If he stays fit we have an excellent player but that little niggling injuries will sideline him for months. Hopefully it is only cramp as we appear to have agreed a high basic wage for his services

I was chastised for saying that before we signed him. Having watched him play nearly every game he had ever played for the Reds you get to know players....

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Not sure what's wrong with some people on here. He hasn't played football consistently for a long time.. Muscle cramps not unusual to that situation.. He'll be fine. Will take some time to get back up to speed. Thought he was very good when he was on the pitch and excited to see more of him.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Not sure what's wrong with some people on here. He hasn't played football consistently for a long time.. Muscle cramps not unusual to that situation.. He'll be fine. Will take some time to get back up to speed. Thought he was very good when he was on the pitch and excited to see more of him.

Hasn’t played 90 minutes since May 2017 - 3 1/2 years without able to last a 90 minute game.
Think about it .

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
He'll be fine. Just needs to be slowly brought up to speed. " will we see him play in the pin stripes again" i'm assuming that's sarcastic..

It was very much a tongue in cheek question, based on his known injury problems. He clearly still has a lot of quality.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hasn’t played 90 minutes since May 2017 - 3 1/2 years without able to last a 90 minute game.
Think about it .

Without able to last? How many games did he start? What team did he sign from again? Did they have many other good players?

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Think about it .

He played at Liverpool. Arguably the best team in the world of course his minutes would be limited. When players haven't played a full game for a while muscles can cramp up it's not the end of the world. A few games where he plays the first hour a couple where he comes on for the last half hour. Eventually he'll be able to do the 90 at prem level again consistently. Too much bed wetting.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
He played at Liverpool. Arguably the best team in the world of course his minutes would be limited. When players haven't played a full game for a while muscles can cramp up it's not the end of the world. A few games where he plays the first hour a couple where he comes on for the last half hour. Eventually he'll be able to do the 90 at prem level again consistently. Too much bed wetting.
100% this.

There are some proper negative girl's blouses on here.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Worth remembering that this is what the point of a medical is. His wages are insured in case of injury - that is why players who fail medicals can still sign (they are basically uninsured).

mrthewebs

Sep 10, 2020
3 year deal for a 32 yr old???? will be lucky if we get 10 games out of him........ a poor mans jack wilshire

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
I used to watch him live fairly consistently in his early days as I took a guy with Learning Disabilities to watch Southampton, his boyhood team for a while as Lallana was on his way up as a player.

And he was really classy even then, accomplished on the ball, creative and imaginative, with a fantastic ability to sneak goals. I thought he could be a brilliant signing for you, I have to say.

FAR too early to say he is a "sicknote" payer, surely? Yes he was a risk, but all transfers are a risk. Looking at your lack of creativity yesterday, and the fact that you don't seem "to do" strikers and goals are clearly going to be a concern for you, if he plays he will be transformational, turning many games, earning vital points. He has a real eye for the net.

Give him a chance, give him time before writing him off. It is knee jerk.

D

Deleted member 2719

Genuinely no idea what that thread is/was about.

The club give the media about 5-10 minutes notice of any announcement.

I just saw it as a bit of prematch fun.

You know, like chucking some celery about.

I hope Lallana is not going to use and abuse us, he doesn't strike me as that sort of player.

We need him back and soon, he connects the team, love him.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
So mop up your beds and put the sheets into the wash. Looks like Lallana has a decent chance of playing against Newcastle. I am guessing that because our club is not run by fools it has been agreed that at the first sign of trouble he is to take himself off rather than risk long term injury.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I used to watch him live fairly consistently in his early days as I took a guy with Learning Disabilities to watch Southampton, his boyhood team for a while as Lallana was on his way up as a player.

And he was really classy even then, accomplished on the ball, creative and imaginative, with a fantastic ability to sneak goals. I thought he could be a brilliant signing for you, I have to say.

FAR too early to say he is a "sicknote" payer, surely? Yes he was a risk, but all transfers are a risk. Looking at your lack of creativity yesterday, and the fact that you don't seem "to do" strikers and goals are clearly going to be a concern for you, if he plays he will be transformational, turning many games, earning vital points. He has a real eye for the net.

Only jerk is you.
How did bleeds get on last night - oh :moo:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Good advice it would be foolish for fans to be writing off a new signing after a couple of games that would indeed be knee jerk

Oh hang on a minute........

986bc0ce75b186d0c72eab9c87381c27.jpg

e86efca9e81e2ea30017f0e4884f9028.jpg

fd1f617eb92a499c3048a12a2779d8a6.jpg

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
So because some of his fellow supporters are wetting the bed this makes his fairly sensible comments null and void? really?

If you can’t see his thinly veiled digs or realise he is just a well disguised Leeds troll then there is no point in us discussing this. Have a view of his other posts on here or those on the Leeds forums if you want to see his true colours.

My point is he should piss off to the Leeds forums and share his wisdom about criticising players there instead.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
So mop up your beds and put the sheets into the wash. Looks like Lallana has a decent chance of playing against Newcastle. I am guessing that because our club is not run by fools it has been agreed that at the first sign of trouble he is to take himself off rather than risk long term injury.

So because some of his fellow supporters are wetting the bed this makes his fairly sensible comments null and void? really?

Bed wetter...ffs.

1B2539D0-0996-46C8-9287-D8AAC5BD2D6D.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports