Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Injuries

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Pervis looks like he has more than a calf muscle injury from that photo.
It looks like he’s had an ankle injury which he’s played through for a while. An operation and long recuperation ready for next season.
Maybe explains his dip in form this season.
He’ll be disappointed as he’ll miss playing for Ecuador, but good news for Brighton fans.

I’ve said for some time he looked like he was carrying an injury. It was either that or he’d become rubbish overnight. On balance better that he has been injured and hopefully can come back better. Suspect also true of Fergie (and Dunk).

His injuries have been horrifically mismanaged - a bit like Mitoma.

Estupinan himself confirmed back in March that he had been having problems with his ankle. After he captained Ecuador in their defeat against Italy in New Jersey on March 24 he said:-

I'm struggling, I've had problems with my ankle. I'll try to go back and see what to do to be 100%. I have wanted to be with the national team, to fight for it, but there are no excuses. I try to give my all and I will continue working.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Here some thoughts based on the players I think we should let go excluding Undav who should ideally get another go here.

Dahoud £5m - £10m
Sima £10m - £15m
Alzate Free (unless we have a 1yr option) £5m
Moder £5m - £10m
Lamptey £5m - £10m
Leonard £3m - £5m
McGill £3m - £5m
Webster £5m - £10m
Kozlowski £3m - £5m
Sarmiento £8m - £12m
Scherpen £3m - £5m

Of course, if we cash in on Mitoma, that’s the £50m done and more.
Wonderfully optimistic.
Widely reported Leonard will leave for a 6 figure sum.
McGill won't go for anything more than a few hundred thousand.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Wonderfully optimistic.
Widely reported Leonard will leave for a 6 figure sum.
McGill won't go for anything more than a few hundred thousand.
If McGill were to leave I'd be absolutely amazed if we got a fee for him - he's 24 and has made a grand total of 5 (that's FIVE) senior appearances in his career. Two of those five were in the EFL Trophy (and one of those was against an U-21 side), one was in a League Two match after coming on as a second-half sub and one was in an FA Cup match against a non-league side when he came off injured in the second half after being knocked unconscious. He has the equivalent of less than 3 full senior matches playing against league opposition.

I'm actually pretty fascinated by his career path. He's little more than a training goalkeeper. As long as he is happy, everything is great, but I'm really struggling to imagine any side is going to pay money to secure his signature.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Here some thoughts based on the players I think we should let go excluding Undav who should ideally get another go here.

Dahoud £5m - £10m
Sima £10m - £15m
Alzate Free (unless we have a 1yr option) £5m
Moder £5m - £10m
Lamptey £5m - £10m
Leonard £3m - £5m
McGill £3m - £5m
Webster £5m - £10m
Kozlowski £3m - £5m
Sarmiento £8m - £12m
Scherpen £3m - £5m

Of course, if we cash in on Mitoma, that’s the £50m done and more.
You can halve all of those values and you’d still be optimistic.

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
Just two injuries away from a decent XI, although I've had to move Mitoma into a central role to fit Milner in.

GK - ?

RB - Lamptey
CB - van Hecke
CB - ?
LB - Estupinan

CM - Gilmour
CM - Hineshelwood

RW - March
10 - Mitoma
CF - Ferguson
LW - Milner
So all we need today is for Bart to run out for a ball that Dunk is about to chest back to him, and then them to clatter together in a horrifying mixture of gore, blood and exposed bones and you’d have a full Crocks Eleven?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here