[Misc] HR Nightmare

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Well, there you go again...
Well, if not your experience then good for you. But I’m basing my opinion on that of dozens so feck HR and feck you if you’re one of. Do a better job or maybe switch to traffic warden

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Attitude like…? FFS, I can testify to scores of peoples experience that’s summed by. I’d say your attitude by reply is the problem. That or you’ve no experience / no idea what taking about?
SOme people 'make work' to justify existence, and they're usually part of the 'created industry' which is supposed to convince others of worth/value. ( BULLSHIT IMO)

some people Do stuff. Mostly constructive, productive or both.

Eerywhere needs a balance, and the balance varies . . .but in larger companies and Particularly corporates the balance is weighted to happy clappy . . . . Compared to being self employed they're like holiday camps . .and you get paid!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I used to manage a sales team and had two staff members who lived about an hour away by train.

Once a fortnight without fail one or the other would be late because of ‘problems with trains’. When I mentioned about them staying late/coming in early to make up the hours lost their attitude was that it was unreasonable as it was not their fault it was the train and I was lucky I lived nearer the workplace. :facepalm:

HR were useless, even with my investigative screen grabs contradicting their claims that the only trains they could catch had been cancelled on several occasions.
Sales people lying ? That's very unusual.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I would tend to agree, but when it’s consistently late, defensive attitude and not great performance and now missing this, then it’s going to lead to serious sanctions I am afraid.
They will get a sick note from their gp and go long term sick. You’ve probably seen this all before. They probably blame the hierarchy when they could have had endless support if they had played fairly.

Meeting was had today with CEO and HR. They are not happy with this employee. They’ve asked for my detailed feelings, and thankfully, HR Manager has been taking note of all the recent instances and sounds like they on my side.

We are waiting for Ops Director to get back from Holiday, as it needs his input and signed off, but we are doing it all by the book, and I said I respected that. I now have someone coming underneath me, the employee in question is going with a Head Of Department whilst we wait for Ops Director, so they can work on the tit for tat tasks.

Head Of Department colleague, agrees this is the straw that breaks the camels back and they have to go and has said they are backing me all the way.

Good to know fellow senior team on my side.

Found out this employee hasn’t been reporting to me as they should either. Too long to write the reason’s but CEO was not happy about it.

Long short of it, I think they are gone! Or They will no longer be with me at least until they go. Sounds like it has been building for some time up above me and they are backing me.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Meeting was had today with CEO and HR. They are not happy with this employee. They’ve asked for my detailed feelings, and thankfully, HR Manager has been taking note of all the recent instances and sounds like they on my side.

We are waiting for Ops Director to get back from Holiday, as it needs his input and signed off, but we are doing it all by the book, and I said I respected that. I now have someone coming underneath me, the employee in question is going with a Head Of Department whilst we wait for Ops Director, so they can work on the tit for tat tasks.

Head Of Department colleague, agrees this is the straw that breaks the camels back and they have to go and has said they are backing me all the way.

Good to know fellow senior team on my side.

Found out this employee hasn’t been reporting to me as they should either. Too long to write the reason’s but CEO was not happy about it.

Long short of it, I think they are gone! Or They will no longer be with me at least until they go. Sounds like it has been building for some time up above me and they are backing me.
A relief for you OP. And a lesson learned for the employee in question.

A relief for you OP. And a lesson learned for the employee in question.

Let’s hope so. I think they will get a written warning instead, but thankfully, they won’t be my responsibility anymore. The countless meetings to try and resolve it, and they constantly go back to square one. Head of Department has noticed my change in management and trying to work around this employee who just isn’t listening or buying any of it.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
"ONE of my employees in my team is playing up. About 3-4 weeks ago, THEY took sick leave ..."

Either it's ONE of your employees, or it's a whole bunch of them as in THEY. They is plural, or weren't you taught that in school?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
SOme people 'make work' to justify existence, and they're usually part of the 'created industry' which is supposed to convince others of worth/value. ( BULLSHIT IMO)

some people Do stuff. Mostly constructive, productive or both.

Eerywhere needs a balance, and the balance varies . . .but in larger companies and Particularly corporates the balance is weighted to happy clappy . . . . Compared to being self employed they're like holiday camps . .and you get paid!
Remember 'B Ark' from Hitch-hiker's guide to the galaxy?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Let’s hope so. I think they will get a written warning instead, but thankfully, they won’t be my responsibility anymore. The countless meetings to try and resolve it, and they constantly go back to square one. Head of Department has noticed my change in management and trying to work around this employee who just isn’t listening or buying any of it.
I'm the witness on a disciplinary panel later this morning. A student has admitted in writing they accessed ChatGPT during an exam.....let's see whether they change their chune...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports