[Other Sport] Fury vs Usyk

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Joshua vs Ngannou was Joshua taking him seriously after Fury hadn't.

If Fury had prepped for him the same way Joshua did it would have been an exhibition.

At the same time full credit to Joshua for prepping so hard for that fight, but after being schooled by Usyk twice you can't put him in the same tier as Fury.
Agree with all of that. Ngannou is no better than a Whyte or even a Chisora in a boxing ring in my opinion. Fury just thought he could turn up, have a laugh with an easy win and take the £100m

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
I think Fury would lean and bully AJ to a fairly boring points victory. I get the excitement around the tie, I actually think the fight wouldn’t be a classic in reality.
I can either see a boring Fury points win or a huge AJ KO, I can’t see any other result. Wilder is awful technically and still caught Fury. Difference is if Joshua had him in the same position he would finish him. All depends if AJ could land that one punch to get him chicken dancing. Still, my money would be on Fury

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Agree with all of that. Ngannou is no better than a Whyte or even a Chisora in a boxing ring in my opinion. Fury just thought he could turn up, have a laugh with an easy win and take the £100m
Whyte was always a busted flush. Most of his wins are guys off the sofa, he was never “the guy” IMHO and his record reflects that. He is always just begging to be hit. Fury for example wasn’t even boxing that well and knocked him spark out very easily as he walked onto an uppercut. Simple different levels of competition.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Whyte was always a busted flush. Most of his wins are guys off the sofa, he was never “the guy” IMHO and his record reflects that. He is always just begging to be hit. Fury for example wasn’t even boxing that well and knocked him spark out very easily as he walked onto an uppercut. Simple different levels of competition.
So true and I hate every thing about Whyte as a man, too. But that mainly stems from being a fan of Chisora and believing he beat Whyte in their first fight.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I can either see a boring Fury points win or a huge AJ KO, I can’t see any other result. Wilder is awful technically and still caught Fury. Difference is if Joshua had him in the same position he would finish him. All depends if AJ could land that one punch to get him chicken dancing. Still, my money would be on Fury
One thing is clear, apart from that overhead left hammer Wilder is dogshit. AJ would jab around him easily.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
So true and I hate every thing about Whyte as a man, too. But that mainly stems from being a fan of Chisora and believing he beat Whyte in their first fight.
Which he absolutely did. Appalling. Put me off elite level boxing for a while to be honest. So, so dubious

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Joshua vs Ngannou was Joshua taking him seriously after Fury hadn't.

If Fury had prepped for him the same way Joshua did it would have been an exhibition.

At the same time full credit to Joshua for prepping so hard for that fight, but after being schooled by Usyk twice you can't put him in the same tier as Fury.
I do put AJ in the same tier as Fury. And to settle this debate once and for all we really need them to get in the ring.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
I do put AJ in the same tier as Fury. And to settle this debate once and for all we really need them to get in the ring.
That's fair but at the same time Joshua has lost to Ruiz Jr (similar to the Fury Ngannou fight, didn't take him seriously/didn't have time to prep and lost) and Usyk absolutely schooled him twice.

AJ is physically better but not enough to overcome how better a boxer Fury is.

Would be somewhat similar to the Wilder fights but AJ isn't as good physically but a better boxer.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Wilder is awful technically and still caught Fury
Difference being Wilder is better physically than AJ but a worse boxer.

We saw Fury control rounds against Usyk who is a FAR better boxer than either AJ or Wilder.

Fury would control the entire fight against AJ imo and his physicality isn't enough to overcome that.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Difference being Wilder is better physically than AJ but a worse boxer.

We saw Fury control rounds against Usyk who is a FAR better boxer than either AJ or Wilder.

Fury would control the entire fight against AJ imo and his physicality isn't enough to overcome that.
Sorry I can’t agree that Wilder is better physically than AJ. Wilder has never bullied anyone in a fight. In fact he’s been losing on the cards in almost every fight he’s ever won! He just has unbelievable power in his right hand. Wilder has pigeon legs! AJ would box Wilders head off behind the jab.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Sorry I can’t agree that Wilder is better physically than AJ. Wilder has never bullied anyone in a fight. In fact he’s been losing on the cards in almost every fight he’s ever won! He just has unbelievable power in his right hand. Wilder has pigeon legs! AJ would box Wilders head off behind the jab.
Nothing you've said here disproves anything I've said.

Controlling a fight is more about boxing IQ than pure physicality.

Of course AJ would outbox Wilder, doesn't mean Wilder isn't better physically.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017

How do you look at Wilder and look at AJ and come to the conclusion that Wilder is physically stronger 😂

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

I don’t think anyone is trying to ‘prove’ (or ‘disprove’) anything. We’re all fans of boxing and sharing our opinions.

My opinion is also that AJ has better and stronger physicality to Wilder.

Wilder hasn’t shown to have all that much physical endurance, has weak legs, and has been often down on the scorecards against far lesser opposition (compared to AJ), and then won with a devastating hook or overhand.
I genuinely believe he hasn’t (or hasn’t wanted to) learnt how to bully and use his body to his advantage - forever (to his detriment) having relied on the bomb of a fist.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Of course, it’s fine margins - but AJ has lost three career bouts - including a softball in Ruiz - and Fury was unbeaten until last night, having seen off Wilder twice (plus a draw). AJ hasn’t fought Wilder to even establish his position as a challenger, which in my view he’d need to do to get a shot at Fury for number one contender.

Really I see it as Usyk/Fury for 1 and 2, and AJ/Wilder for 3 and 4 unless AJ/Wilder happens and AJ wins.

I don’t think Usyk has shown any indication of retiring - he’s portrayed as a bit of a beacon of light for many in Ukraine and a source of national pride as their champion.
Have you forgotten that Parker beat Wilder last time out?! Wilder is way out of contention for the number 3/4 spot. He's a terrible boxer who has now been shown up, and we now know that Fury's victories over him weren't as impressive as everyone thought.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
That's fair but at the same time Joshua has lost to Ruiz Jr (similar to the Fury Ngannou fight, didn't take him seriously/didn't have time to prep and lost) and Usyk absolutely schooled him twice.

AJ is physically better but not enough to overcome how better a boxer Fury is.

Would be somewhat similar to the Wilder fights but AJ isn't as good physically but a better boxer.
You cant compare Joshua taking a last minute fight against a top 10 heavyweight, who had previously fought for a world title (Ruiz), with Fury's performance against a boxing novice in his first fight. The Ngannou performance was unbelievably bad and let's face it he was smashed to bits by Usyk last night!

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I just hope we get to see the all over again .

suspect usyk wins it easier but that’s fighting and the beauty of it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports