Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Bit disappointed with him saying that, it's akin to calling Tony Bloom a racist for sacking Chris Hughton. If he was trying to be be a candidate for an old-school, Leave-voting, deprived, red wall working class constituency then, yes, I could image the fear that a trans person would lose votes might be an issue. Wrongly, obviously, but I can see some might take it into account - especially if they're trying to unseat a Tory.

But this is Brighton. I know we're not all woke vegan hipsters, but if anywhere would welcome a trans candidate it would be here. Blimey, we've voted in a Green MP for the last few elections so we're not afraid to be different.

EDIT: I may have got his pronouns wrong. Apologies. It's just that when I see 'Eddie' I think of him as male, and when I see 'Suzy' I think of him as female. Plus I've know him as male for so long it's hard to adjust/remember.

Last edited:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Bit disappointed with him saying that, it's akin to calling Tony Bloom a racist for sacking Chris Hughton. If he was trying to be be a candidate for an old-school, Leave-voting, deprived, red wall working class constituency then, yes, I could image the fear that a trans person would lose votes might be an issue. Wrongly, obviously, but I can see some might take it into account - especially if they're trying to unseat a Tory.

But this is Brighton. I know we're not all woke vegan hipsters, but if anywhere would welcome a trans candidate it would be here. Blimey, we've voted in a Green MP for the last few elections so we're not afraid to be different.
Some people just need something to blame rather than looking at themselves

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

She said similar in her failure to be elected to stand in Sheffield a couple of years ago, bad loser me thinks.

From the Guardian in 2022

“transphobia throughout this campaign. It has been very difficult to sift through this and continue to run positive campaigns. Yet, we all managed it.”

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
EDIT: I may have got his pronouns wrong. Apologies. It's just that when I see 'Eddie' I think of him as male, and when I see 'Suzy' I think of him as female. Plus I've know him as male for so long it's hard to adjust/remember.

Just on your last bit, was chatting to her manager last year and even he admits he gets it wrong still. She doesn't mind that people mix it up, but obviously Suzie would like to known as that, yet understands it's a huge adjustment.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
disappointing to pull the trans card. think member's views were posted earlier in thread, amounted to lots of focus on what Izzard could do to raise profile of the constituency and thin on knowing local issues.

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
disappointing to pull the trans card. think member's views were posted earlier in thread, amounted to lots of focus on what Izzard could do to raise profile of the constituency and thin on knowing local issues.
Come back Susan, all is forgiven 😂😂😂😂😂😂

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I quite like a lot of the stuff Izzard has done. Marathons etc

I honestly think she’s putting far too much emphasis on the trans thing.

I don’t think anyone, especially in Brighton cares. Or frankly even understands who or what gender she is. I have no idea what her status is. And I don’t really care, that’s her business.

I think her political foray was ill defined, badly conceived, poorly executed, and basically hard to fathom.

People are unlikely to support what they don’t understand, Brexit excepted.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Eddie doesn't care what pronoun you use for him. He has made that clear, passim.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
I quite like a lot of the stuff Izzard has done. Marathons etc

I honestly think she’s putting far too much emphasis on the trans thing.

I don’t think anyone, especially in Brighton cares. Or frankly even understands who or what gender she is. I have no idea what her status is. And I don’t really care, that’s her business.

I think her political foray was ill defined, badly conceived, poorly executed, and basically hard to fathom.

People are unlikely to support what they don’t understand.
But is much easier to blame transphobia than accept they are crap politician. Bit like Diane Abbott always claims any criticism is because she is black.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
But is much easier to blame transphobia than accept they are crap politician. Bit like Diane Abbott always claims any criticism is because she is black.
I honestly couldn’t tell you if Izzard is a good politician. It doesn’t look like it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here