[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
After a couple of years really struggling with everything, including cycling, Im loving every minute of this Giro so far.
I can feel my mojo coming back at last 🙂
The two sprint stages so far have been off the scale !

Yesterday Pog and Thomas trying to slip the field and the same today with Ganna...

Being half a Dutchie only wish Kooij could win a sprint ( Jakobsen and Van Poppel too but they look less likely )

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
Interesting stage today , that dust!🤔.
My favoured rider pipped at the line .

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

New cycling law passed. Are there any stats on death by dangerous cycling? Seems a bit OTT.
Unlikely these new provisions will ever be enforced, just like the illegality of riding on the pavement now is never enforced. If police issued the fixed fines for cycling on the pavement it would be a disincentive to do it and maybe this new law might not have been required.

Can't see anything changing.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Unlikely these new provisions will ever be enforced, just like the illegality of riding on the pavement now is never enforced. If police issued the fixed fines for cycling on the pavement it would be a disincentive to do it and maybe this new law might not have been required.

It will mean cyclists who hurt others will serve long prison sentences. Until now next to impossible to dish out more than a slap on the wrist.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea

There are loads of shared use pavements around here, not a problem as long as everyone is sensible..............................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports