[News] China hacks the ministry of defence

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
when they say "China" presumably this would be a rogue hacker based in China rather than the Chinese State Government, but I suppose it's suits a xenephobic narrative the government likes to peddle
China is full of entrepreneurial rogue operatives, hacking foreign intelligence in order to, er, make some money, er, by selling information to, er, the Russians? No, no hang on....to....to the Chinese!

Lucky it has nothing to do with the Chinese government, though. That would have been awful.

你们都是一群意志薄弱的白痴,我们来抓你们。很快。

Fact.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has the Daily Mail/Express blamed Meghan yet? Or immigrants or Sadiq Khan?
It's headline yesterday was that Muslims have taken over our councils, with a picture of a Green party Muslim councilor, and a headline blaming Starmer.

So it can only be a matter of time. Either Khan, Meghan or That Meryl.

Last edited:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
It was probably some spotty, genius oick, in his bedroom, with a laptop and re routing through a VPN....but not if he's got virginmedia wifi...that's something that needs Chinas intervention

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Hmm - 10 seconds Googling finds this. Are you sure you don't want to rethink that statement about safety?

mod.PNG

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
when they say "China" presumably this would be a rogue hacker based in China rather than the Chinese State Government, but I suppose it's suits a xenephobic narrative the government likes to peddle
The problem with your statement is there is literally a hacking industry in China who are happy to offer their services to Government.

I spoke to someone who emigrated here (who had friend back home who did it FOR the state) and did so with a sense of national pride.

I'm 100% confident that none of the above makes me xenophobic towards the Chinese people.

The reality is you have a state that is very fearful of the West and the West that is very fearful of that state. Both act "accordingly".

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Just like that Chinese balloon that was supposedly spying on America, that was never proven but most people accepted it was China. Unless they can prove it or China admitted it then it wasn't China / end of
The Chinese government confirmed it was their balloon! They said it was their weather balloon that was blown off course. I think you're naive or deliberately obtuse to believe it's certainly not China.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
To early in this instance of course but there’s huge amounts of evidence the Chinese sponsor attacks on western entities. Even if it’s not the government itself, it’s encouraged by organisations in their country or even supported by the government.
The Chinese spent several years using hacking, cloned emails and other illegal methods to try and steal aero engine technical data from Rolls-Royce. The issue was raised several times through diplomatic channels and even at ministerial level.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don’t think you can pin this on Tory xenophobia or ‘rogue hackers’ - there is plenty of evidence that Chinese backed spy agencies and Chinese contracted security firms (and those of Russia) have carried out cyberattacks on the West - in fact it is a major security risk now and they are increasing in sophistication and frequency. There is a limit to plausible deniability when you have a Country like China, where the Chinese Communist Party and the State are effectively a fusion of one centralised system of governance.

We have the same capabilities (and probably carry out a similar level of attacks)
Well, yes, I can't help but think this is a two way thing. I suspect we have plenty of spooks on the case. You can't have a shit today without them knowing you've sat on the throne.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well, yes, I can't help but think this is a two way thing. I suspect we have plenty of spooks on the case. You can't have a shit today without them knowing you've sat on the throne.

Of course you can. You just need one of these and keep your toilet brush handy :wink:

tinhat.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports